A Banner day
bullshark
2003-11-09 16:10:01 UTC
We were invaded. Not one, but five divers from the dark side.

Two had the biggest spearguns I've ever seen. Five feet long
and four banded. All the rest carried spearguns as well.

One brought two sets of doubles on board. I was gratified to learn
that correct technique for carrying doubles is to grab both ends
and hold the manifold right under your chin with elbows high.

One was sporting DIN valve 8" jesus-jugs with cave fills. I was too
honored for words when he decided my foot was the best place to
rest one of them. I also learned that 8" jesus jugs are carried
on the shoulder, especially when boarding the boat.

Three of them carried HID. I can't say what the burn times were
but the size of the canisters reassured me that the boat would
have no difficulty starting engines in the event that the 8Ds failed.

Nine O'clock departure time came and went as we watched one of them
(who arrived at eight thirty), stand by his car talking on a cell phone
while his wife stood by talking on another cell phone as he carefully
assembled his gear. Gear that would not be on the boat for another
fifteen minutes. It's important to set it up right.

Dive time finally arrives and we learn all kinds of new entry
techniques. Face first seems to be popular with the big guns,
while baby strides that tap the platform with the tank, coming
in a close second.

Effective weight distribution is no problem. We see one of them
hitch up the all-neoprene-multi-pocket-crotch-strap-captive belt
to a point just below his sternum and cinch it up tight. This
guy is a serious hunter. He sports a blue on blue camo wetsuit
so the fish will never see him coming.

Pointing to an all-purpose folding hex-key set with a first stage
port plug on the deck, I ask: "Is that a problem?"

One of the big guns waiting to enter the water is handed a spool he
left behind. He slides it under the palm of the hand holding the
monster gun. Good call. You don't want too much stuff on yer D-Rings.

Two of the divers about to enter look like they are going to vapor
lock. Hyperventilating, their faces are locked in a grimace of firm
determination to overcome their obstacle. My rescue training tells
me to intervene, but the sight of those long hoses and practiced
OOA skills supersedes my gut feeling.

When we got back on the boat, all the divers were there. That was
a relief. We overheard firm reassurances:
"Nah you don't need a computer. I do it all in my head."
"Once you get your tech I it's all second nature."
"30 fpm to the first stop. Stay 20 seconds, then 20 seconds for
the next ten feet. Stop for 20 seconds. Then just repeat that
until you get to 20 feet."

One of the spear-sissies got a nice Hog. Rather than dispatch
it, he just poked it in the eye with the steel catch loop, poking
it out the other side. A half our later, the fish was still alive.
It's a pity that his "distressed-fish-shark-troller" failed to
attract our resident bull. I know he wanted to kill something
really big.

The hog was proudly displayed on the centerline mat, so we just
stepped over it to get to the second dive. When we got back they
were all on board again except for one, so I have great faith now
in their decompression planning. The odd man out was found by his
lift bag.

DIR divers are very impressive. The impression is indelible.

safe diving,

bullshark
Alan Street
2003-11-09 17:27:08 UTC
In article <***@4ax.com>, bullshark
<***@scubadiving.com> wrote:

€
€
€The hog was proudly displayed on the centerline mat, so we just
€stepped over it to get to the second dive. When we got back they
€were all on board again except for one, so I have great faith now
€in their decompression planning. The odd man out was found by his
€lift bag.
€
€DIR divers are very impressive. The impression is indelible.
€
€safe diving,
€
€bullshark
€

Nice story. It sounds like the Pony Boys have been reincarnated as GUE
grads.

Alan
mike gray, CID
2003-11-09 17:32:11 UTC
bullshark wrote:

(snip)

Just proves there's a very fine line between recreational scuba and
entertainment scuba.
suds
2003-11-09 17:49:44 UTC
Post by bullshark
We were invaded. Not one, but five divers from the dark side.
<snip>

Come on, you sound like Bush claiming Saddam is al-Qaida. These guys
weren't DIR. "Blue camo wetsuit?" Since when is any other color than black
permitted? "Hyperventilating?" Doesn't sound like they were in good shape.

If you don't want 'em on your boat, do what we do out here: spear fishing is
only permitted when free diving. That takes care of the safety issues too.
LOL

suds
Dawn Francis
2003-11-11 02:05:16 UTC
A few years ago I was in Cozumel, a cattle boat dive, there was this one
loud American bragging that he was a PADI Dive Master <fanfare>. We all drop
off the boat to meet the local divemaster below and what do I see? The PADI
Dive Master <fan fare> bi**h slapping the coral with his fins! Yup - you
nailed the buoyancy issue buddy, it should take a few hundred years to undo
the damage you just did.
Lesson learned....you can't judge all divers by the arrogance shown by some,
come on people - you know better! DIR = Doing It Right and isn't that what
we all should be trying to do?
By the way Bullshark...I loved your story, well told. 'Tanks' for the
giggles!
Ladygodiver
suds
Jon C
2003-11-09 17:49:35 UTC
blah blah
Might be GUE grads, if you say so, but they're not DIR. There is a
difference.
Lee Bell
2003-11-09 20:12:25 UTC
Post by Jon C
blah blah
Might be GUE grads, if you say so, but they're not DIR. There is a
difference.
You were there? If not, what makes you think your guess is better than
bullshark's observation?
Jon C
bullshark's observation?
Lee Bell
2003-11-09 22:29:59 UTC
Post by Jon C
Improper entries, spears, wetsuit with steel tanks, holding spools in your
hand for storage, improper carrying of doubles. That's not DIR, that much
is obvious ;)
Only if you assume that all DIR divers are DIR all the time. I imagine that
part of bullshark's point is that they aren't. He and I have both seen DIR
divers doing some very non DIR stuff. Quite often, it's a case of do as I
say, not as I do . . . or, perhaps, because somebody that is DIR thought of
it, it's fine. When somebody else came up with it, it's crap.

Lee
Dennis (Icarus)
2003-11-09 22:42:24 UTC
Post by Lee Bell
Post by Jon C
Improper entries, spears, wetsuit with steel tanks, holding spools in your
hand for storage, improper carrying of doubles. That's not DIR, that much
is obvious ;)
Only if you assume that all DIR divers are DIR all the time. I imagine that
part of bullshark's point is that they aren't. He and I have both seen DIR
divers doing some very non DIR stuff. Quite often, it's a case of do as I
say, not as I do . . . or, perhaps, because somebody that is DIR thought of
it, it's fine. When somebody else came up with it, it's crap.
I thought that if you were DIR, then you're a DIR diver. If you're doing
something non-DIR, then you aren't a DIR diver - no matter what they claim
they are, no matter how much Halcyon gear they have, no matter how many
classes they've taken from MHK or GUE. :-)

Dennis
Lee
John Francis CID
2003-11-10 01:49:01 UTC
On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 16:42:24 -0600, "Dennis \(Icarus\)"
Post by Dennis (Icarus)
I thought that if you were DIR, then you're a DIR diver. If you're doing
something non-DIR, then you aren't a DIR diver - no matter what they claim
they are, no matter how much Halcyon gear they have, no matter how many
classes they've taken from MHK or GUE. :-)
There are dangers in dealing in absolutes.

JF
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think
of one way to spell a word."
- Andrew Jackson (1767-1845)
Lee Bell
2003-11-10 02:13:59 UTC
Post by Dennis (Icarus)
I thought that if you were DIR, then you're a DIR diver. If you're doing
something non-DIR, then you aren't a DIR diver - no matter what they claim
they are, no matter how much Halcyon gear they have, no matter how many
classes they've taken from MHK or GUE. :-)
That's a rather convenient way to ensure your organization is never wrong.
Lucky for all of us, there are those that won't let something like this
slide. You can't claim to have the best answer for all diving, in all
conditions, and all situations, and then claim that when you screwed up you
weren't being DIR that day.

Lee
Dennis (Icarus)
2003-11-10 02:57:07 UTC
Post by Lee Bell
Post by Dennis (Icarus)
I thought that if you were DIR, then you're a DIR diver. If you're doing
something non-DIR, then you aren't a DIR diver - no matter what they claim
they are, no matter how much Halcyon gear they have, no matter how many
classes they've taken from MHK or GUE. :-)
That's a rather convenient way to ensure your organization is never wrong.
Lucky for all of us, there are those that won't let something like this
slide. You can't claim to have the best answer for all diving, in all
conditions, and all situations, and then claim that when you screwed up you
weren't being DIR that day.
More like pointing out that ones claims have to match ones actions.
One can say they're X, but I fgure actions would be much more appropriate.

Dennis
Lee
suds
BINGO!!!!!
Dennis (Icarus)
2003-11-11 04:01:06 UTC
Post by suds
Post by Lee Bell
That's a rather convenient way to ensure your organization is never wrong.
Lucky for all of us, there are those that won't let something like this
slide. You can't claim to have the best answer for all diving, in all
conditions, and all situations, and then claim that when you screwed up
you
Post by Lee Bell
weren't being DIR that day.
BINGO!!!!!
Personally I figure that ones actions speak much louder thanwahtever claims
someone makes.
If one claims to be DIR, and yet engages in unsafe, inappropriate practices,
are they DIR or not? :-)

Dennis
suds
Can we also extended this to the "Religious Right?"
Dennis (Icarus)
2003-11-11 12:05:32 UTC
Post by Dennis (Icarus)
are they DIR or not? :-)
Can we also extended this to the "Religious Right?"
Yes, or the irreligious left, or the religious left, or pretty much anything
else.

Dennis
Scott
2003-11-11 15:28:12 UTC
Post by suds
Can we also extended this to the "Religious Right?"
Anyone stopping you and your cult from practicing whatever it is you
practice?

Anyone even give a shit?

OK then.
Lee Bell
2003-11-11 14:08:00 UTC
Post by Dennis (Icarus)
Personally I figure that ones actions speak much louder thanwahtever claims
someone makes. If one claims to be DIR, and yet engages in unsafe,
inappropriate practices,
Post by Dennis (Icarus)
are they DIR or not? :-)
If not, there there aren't and DIR divers anywhere. I used to have a post
by George on his experience with a keel weight, where he talked about
flopping around on the surface like a complete newbie and needing help from
both his dive buddies to get back under control. Then there's the time he
cut his drysuit open with a scooter prop . . . George says Scuba Pro
regulators are shit as a primary. Jarrod uses them, at least he does in
his fundamentals book.

I figure DIR guys are pretty much like other guys, they make mistakes, don't
pay enough attention to what they're doing on occasion and, when the insist
on coming to a shallow water recreational dive in full kit, look like what
they are, at that moment, being, strokes. YMMV. The biggest difference, as
far as I can tell, is the amount of noise some generate and the lack of
respect for others than they consistently demonstrate.

Lee
Limey Dave
2003-11-10 17:21:53 UTC
Post by Dennis (Icarus)
I thought that if you were DIR, then you're a DIR diver. If you're doing
something non-DIR, then you aren't a DIR diver - no matter what they claim
they are, no matter how much Halcyon gear they have, no matter how many
classes they've taken from MHK or GUE. :-)
That sounds like a cop-out to me.

Dave.
Dennis (Icarus)
2003-11-11 04:02:51 UTC
Post by Limey Dave
Post by Dennis (Icarus)
I thought that if you were DIR, then you're a DIR diver. If you're doing
something non-DIR, then you aren't a DIR diver - no matter what they claim
they are, no matter how much Halcyon gear they have, no matter how many
classes they've taken from MHK or GUE. :-)
That sounds like a cop-out to me.
Really?
If one claims to be X, but acts in a manner contrary to that, then are they
really X?

Dennis
Dave.
Drew A. Dunn
Morons are everywhere. You found some that fly the DIR flag, so what?
Lee Bell
2003-11-10 03:59:04 UTC
Post by Drew A. Dunn
Post by Lee Bell
Post by Jon C
Improper entries, spears, wetsuit with steel tanks, holding spools in your
hand for storage, improper carrying of doubles. That's not DIR, that much
is obvious ;)
Only if you assume that all DIR divers are DIR all the time. I imagine that
part of bullshark's point is that they aren't. He and I have both seen DIR
divers doing some very non DIR stuff. Quite often, it's a case of do as I
say, not as I do . . . or, perhaps, because somebody that is DIR thought of
it, it's fine. When somebody else came up with it, it's crap.
Morons are everywhere. You found some that fly the DIR flag, so what?
So statements by those who were not there, about whether the described
divers were DIR or not, have no significance.
Drew A. Dunn
2003-11-10 03:37:19 UTC
Post by Lee Bell
Post by Drew A. Dunn
Morons are everywhere. You found some that fly the DIR flag, so what?
So statements by those who were not there, about whether the described
divers were DIR or not, have no significance.
Bullshark run across some bad divers. He recounted the story in witter
manner and I got a few laughs out of it. Personally, that's where my
concern ends.
Jon C
2003-11-10 05:34:03 UTC
Post by Lee Bell
Post by Jon C
Improper entries, spears, wetsuit with steel tanks, holding spools in your
hand for storage, improper carrying of doubles. That's not DIR, that much
is obvious ;)
Only if you assume that all DIR divers are DIR all the time. I imagine that
part of bullshark's point is that they aren't. He and I have both seen DIR
divers doing some very non DIR stuff. Quite often, it's a case of do as I
say, not as I do . . . or, perhaps, because somebody that is DIR thought of
it, it's fine. When somebody else came up with it, it's crap.
Lee
He said they were DIR divers, which they were not. He used this impression
to make a blanket statement about DIR divers in general, which is based on
the fact that he thought these divers were DIR, which they were not, by
definition.
bullshark
2003-11-10 14:27:24 UTC
Post by Jon C
He said they were DIR divers, which they were not. He used this impression
to make a blanket statement about DIR divers in general, which is based on
the fact that he thought these divers were DIR, which they were not, by
definition.
As to "facts about what I thought", forgive me, but you have no clue.
I reported observations, not thoughts.
As to whether or not these divers were DIR, you cannot say.
You weren't there, you saw nothing and most importantly you did not ask
the divers what *they* thought the answer was.

It is not I who established the gang colors.

"Buy a Beamer and drive like this..."
"Clothes make the man..."
(and my favorite quote from my favorite B-Law Prof)
"It's a thin piece of paper that doesn't have two sides."

safe diving,

bullshark
Chris Guynn
2003-11-10 17:36:00 UTC
"bullshark" <***@scubadiving.com> wrote in message news:***@4ax.com...

<snip>
Post by bullshark
(and my favorite quote from my favorite B-Law Prof)
"It's a thin piece of paper that doesn't have two sides."
A Moebius <sp/> contract?

C Guynn
NE333RO
2003-11-10 23:02:26 UTC
Post by Chris Guynn
A Moebius <sp/> contract?
How many sides do they have :o)
Lee Bell
2003-11-11 02:37:27 UTC
Post by NE333RO
Post by Chris Guynn
A Moebius <sp/> contract?
How many sides do they have :o)
Only one.
Crownfield
2003-11-11 04:03:34 UTC
Post by Lee Bell
Post by NE333RO
Post by Chris Guynn
A Moebius <sp/> contract?
How many sides do they have :o)
Only one.
and even more interesting,
you can clearly see the left side and the right side,
and there is only one and they are the same.
Chris Guynn
2003-11-11 15:57:10 UTC
Post by NE333RO
Post by Chris Guynn
A Moebius <sp/> contract?
How many sides do they have :o)
Just one... :-)
Chandler
2003-11-10 13:30:12 UTC
Post by Lee Bell
Post by Jon C
Improper entries, spears, wetsuit with steel tanks, holding spools in your
hand for storage, improper carrying of doubles. That's not DIR, that much
is obvious ;)
Only if you assume that all DIR divers are DIR all the time. I imagine that
part of bullshark's point is that they aren't. He and I have both seen DIR
divers doing some very non DIR stuff. Quite often, it's a case of do as I
say, not as I do . . . or, perhaps, because somebody that is DIR thought of
it, it's fine. When somebody else came up with it, it's crap.
Lee
maybe their GUE card expired so they didn't have to be DIR anymore
--
--Chandler --
May Hog be your boatman when you reach the River Styx
Limey Dave
2003-11-10 17:21:52 UTC
Post by bullshark
DIR divers are very impressive. The impression is indelible.
Beautiful!
I just pee'd all over my neoprene cammy house slippers.

Dave.
JCACTION
2003-11-11 19:03:42 UTC
Well, well, well, I just had to make an appearance here in order to
clarify and at the same time make a few points of my own. There is
nothing like having an opinion with nobody to rebut it is there
BULLSHARK? Or is it Bullshit!

With that said, I am the (sissy) in the blue camo suit and I
definitely want to address your comments. I will start off by saying
that if youre not man enough to say something on the boat that youre
not pleased with, then youre not a real man and maybe the sissy
comment really applies to you. I am NOT DIR never have been and never
will be. I am however a serious hunter and that is something I am very
proud of. In reading your post I found lots of embellishing which is
typical of people like you. Here goes......

1. I dive steel tanks and wear a camo wetsuit. If you understood
anything about spearfishing, you would know that the camo suit breaks
up your profile in the water and therefore is more of a fish attractor
than a disguise. But then again, when hunters go hunting you always
see them wear what???? CAMO you JERK! Because I have been spearfishing
since I was 7 and have 32 tournament wins under my belt in freediving,
I would not expect you to understand this. However, I encourage you to
talk to excel, picasso, omer and other companies who specialize in
spearfishing and they may be better able to explain to you why a camo
suit works. I will not omit the opportunity to say that I at least
look pretty damn good in my camo suit while if you are the guy who I
think you are, you really would not look good in any wetsuit being the
fat manatee looking creature that you are. By the way, I hear GOOD
YEAR makes a suit that may fit you.

2. You spoke about some of my friends using HID lights. Any problem
with that??? They were looking for lobster you idiot. Dont be upset
just because you cant afford a $1,500 light. You need to LIGHTEN UP!

3. Are you sure you are a diver and not a relative of Siskel the
critic? My you have incredible observation skills. You even noticed a
guy talking on the phone 15 minutes before leave time. Is this a
problem for you??? The guy is a Doctor for the VA and a very good one
I might add. He was on the phone with the hospital, his girlfriend was
on the phone too, she is the same as he is! But that you would notice
such uneventful things makes me think you are a very grouchy and
unhappy human being.

4.You also mention affective weight distribution and how the guy in
the camo suit with his multi pocket wetsuit and cinch the crotch strap
just below my sternum. ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR wrong fatso. Como suits dont
have pockets, I dont need a weight belt and I always have my belt
waist high so I can attach my stringer to it. The difference with you
and I is that I have pictures in full gear, I have pictures under
water and I have videos of myself diving. I will gladly post them to
see how much critiquing you can do then. You are just a flat out liar
and doing it without me present makes me want to put my stringer
through your eyes, sorry your head is to fat and would not fit on my
stringer so I take that back. However, I am willing to post anything
that anyone here may want to see regarding how I wear my rig. I do use
halcyon not because I am DIR you idiot but because the hose
configuration and backplate is very streamline and helps me with my
spearfishing. I have no hoses or consoles hanging all over the place
like you do. I simply wear a backplate, no weight, my suit, fins and
mask. My computer is on my arm therefore what the hell is it your
talking about extra equipment ???? Please manatee man go get a
haircut.

5.You also mention a buddy of mine who did have a speargun which you
claim was over 5 feet long! It is only a riffe gun wiht 3 bands which
are very popular for those that can afford it. As for your comments
about him leaving his finger spool behind, let me just tell you the
reality of that situation. The boat had dive flags with those crappy
yellow line holders and he simply did what he always does on a good
boat, he did not want to mess with the yellow hanger and so he
intended to attach his spool to the flag and use that instead. He
would take that and clip it to his d ring. Only one problem, the dive
flag is such a piece of work that there is no way to attach his line
to it so he laid his spool down and was forced to use the yellow line
holder which of course youre very comfy with. Yes, he may have left it
behind and had it handed to him. He is an excellent diver and on the
way down he probably stuck it in his pocket. he doesnt carry a spool
on a dring unless hes using it JERKY.

About the rest of your comments and the other friends that were there,
I will leave it up to them to either address you or ignore you. At
this point I think they will probably ignore you, and by the way, the
guy saying he had the dive tables in his head really does have the
tables in his head, yeah hes the doctor who was on the phone too. You
on the other hand need your little puter to tell you what to do as
most of us do. He can dive and does dive without one because he does
have it all in his head. Then again, he is a doctor, you know? A
person used to harder things than rememebering a dive table.

Finally and this is the fun part, you admitted I got a nice hog!!!!
You call that a nice hog???? I call that a piece of garbage. I was not
displaying it in the center of the boat I was trying to see if the
boat had a cooler you idiot. There was none so I did not dispose of
the fish until the guy next to me told me it was ok to put the fish in
his lobster bucket. Whenver you shoot a fish, you string him through
the eyes and keep him alive as long as possible unless there is ice to
put him in. what would you have me do, put him in your ass??? That
would have killed him instantly. Most dive operations have a place to
store fish and I was asking if they had one or not. Displaying my nice
hog is what you wrote. Pal, if you ever want to see nice fish, come
dive with me or let me email you some pictures of real fish. Matter of
fact, I gave the "NICE" hog away because he was too small for my taste
and by the way, I did not know the resident bullshark is yours and
only yours. However, I have dealt with many bulls, tigers, dusky, reef
and blues in 33 years of diving, theres not a whole hell of a lot that
bull can ever do to scare me. Especially when I carry a powerhead.
Like I said before, I am not and never will be DIR I am simply an avid
spearfisherman and unlike you, I can prove what I claim. I dont need
weights because I have perfect trim and bouyancy. I am not like you
who needs 20 pounds of lead. I wear a camo suit because like thousands
of other spearfishermen who are serious about it will tell you, it
simply works. Now if that makes me a sissy, all I cna respond to that
is this.... Introduce me to your wife and let her come back if she
decides to come back to you and she will tell you whether I am a sissy
or not. Finally, I do have a big speargun and you know what? I am so
proud of that gun because it was hand made by a legend in the sport of
spearfishing who's name is william Kitto. I also have guns that are
hand crafted by the likes of Daryl Wong who is also a personal friend
of mine and another legend in the spearfishing sport. Now, if any of
the readers are interested, I can ask daryl wong himself to explain
the differences of a stupid biller gun and a hand made, enlclosed
track balanced gun. Dont blame me for having the right equipment which
you have never seen. Worse yet, dont criticise someone you dont know
without giving them the opportunity to defend themselves from your
lies. In reading your post, the one glaring thing that just jumps out
at me is this... You are not a man because you lie about things in
order to make yourself look better. You criticize everyone which means
you have serious inner self esteem issues and finally, you just are an
envious human being who has no balls and no spine. If you did, you
would have responded to the private email i sent you along with
pictures of real fish.

With this said, I dare you to respond, I further dare you to meet me
and call me a sissy but remember to bring your wife and I also dare
you to be a man and apologize. Any of those options works for me. I
dont know about your wife though, if you are who you think you are,
your wife needs a brromstick instead of a tank. Why dont you choose
and option fat man, stop trying to look younger by dying that brillo
pad you call hair and cut the little pony tail, that went out years
ago. See, theres always two sides to every story. Now its all up to
you how this ends up. I know you go to fill express all the time and I
know who you are so let me just tell you that when I see you I will
humiliate you. No matter what. If you bother me too much I will also
slap your wife's face with my ding dong. I also invite anyone that
goes to fill express to look at their photo album and see my
spearfishing pictures. I walk the walk and back it up. I promise you
fat boy I will embarass you and bring out the real you in front of
others no matter what I do!!! Enough said....any comments???
chilly
2003-11-11 20:05:42 UTC
"JCACTION" <***@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:***@posting.google.com...

(snip ranting and raving and threats of sexual abuse)

Well, you proved he was right about you being some kind of ijit.
JCACTION
2003-11-11 23:39:34 UTC
Well, thanks for the compliment my man!!! great spelling I love it when a
drunk tries to taunt me!
Lee Bell
2003-11-11 21:58:35 UTC
Post by JCACTION
Well, well, well, I just had to make an appearance here in order to
clarify and at the same time make a few points of my own.
You points would carry more weight if they came with a name. Funny you
would consider somebody else a sissy while hiding behind an anonymous
address.
Post by JCACTION
fat manatee looking creature that you are. By the way, I hear GOOD
YEAR makes a suit that may fit you.
Nope, wrong guy. bullshark is not fat.
Post by JCACTION
2. You spoke about some of my friends using HID lights. Any problem
with that??? They were looking for lobster you idiot. Dont be upset
just because you cant afford a $1,500 light. You need to LIGHTEN UP!
I have a problem with it. It's what is known as "farm animal stupid."
You've heard that term before, right? Why would anybody carry something
that large just to look in a few holes in clear daylit water.
Post by JCACTION
Are you sure you are a diver and not a relative of Siskel the
critic?
I'm sure he's a diver.
Post by JCACTION
You even noticed a guy talking on the phone 15 minutes before leave time.
Is this a
Post by JCACTION
problem for you???
It is when the boat is held up for that person.
Post by JCACTION
Como suits dont have pockets , , ,
Some do, some don't.
Post by JCACTION
I will gladly post them to see how much critiquing you can do then.
Go for it . . . if you dare.
Post by JCACTION
I do use halcyon not because I am DIR you idiot but because the hose
configuration and backplate is very streamline and helps me with my
spearfishing. I have no hoses or consoles hanging all over the place
like you do.
Wrong guy again. bullshark is quite squared away when diving.
Post by JCACTION
He would take that and clip it to his d ring.
He was going to attach his line to the flag and then clip it off to one of
his D rings? Not a great idea in S. Florida where the number of boat
operators outnumbers the number of competent captains by about 5 to 1.
Post by JCACTION
to it so he laid his spool down and was forced to use the yellow line
holder which of course youre very comfy with.
You mean the one that several thousand divers a year have no problem with?
Post by JCACTION
Finally and this is the fun part, you admitted I got a nice hog!!!!
You call that a nice hog???? I call that a piece of garbage. I was not
displaying it in the center of the boat I was trying to see if the
boat had a cooler you idiot.
As one spearfisherman to another, I just have to ask. If it was such a
piece of garbage, why did you kill it? I don't know how big the fish was,
but if it was like most I see in near shore waters, it wasn't particularly
big, probably less than 2 feet. Too bad you didn't let it live to grow
bigger. It might have made a nice dinner for somebody, some day.
Post by JCACTION
Whenver you shoot a fish, you string him through
the eyes and keep him alive as long as possible unless there is ice to
put him in.
I string them through the eyes too, but not to keep them alive. When the
stringer goes through, the fish quits struggling. I have enough problem
with sharks while spearfishing without having a convulsing fish attached to
me too.
Post by JCACTION
Matter of fact, I gave the "NICE" hog away because he was too small for my
taste

So you killed two small hogs?
Post by JCACTION
However, I have dealt with many bulls, tigers, dusky, reef
and blues in 33 years of diving, theres not a whole hell of a lot that
bull can ever do to scare me.
Then you really are farm animal stupid.
Post by JCACTION
Introduce me to your wife and let her come back if she
decides to come back to you and she will tell you whether I am a sissy
or not.
She's probably a better diver than you as well.
Post by JCACTION
Worse yet, dont criticise someone you dont know
without giving them the opportunity to defend themselves from your
lies.
Seems to me, you had plenty of opportunity, even if you aren't brave enough
to put your name to it.

Lee
JCACTION
2003-11-11 23:43:57 UTC
I would not waste my tame writing to your absurd comments. The only thing I
can say is your obviously not a good diver and a definite ass kisser. but
one thing little man, i never hide my name is JC and you can call me or
email me and lets compare notes or do I have to slap your face with my dick
too. Why would you go and try to make some bullshit up if you were not there
prick!
camo suits with pockets????? LOL LOL LO LLOL LOL shea right!!!!

youre a spearfisherman???? show me some fish lets exchange notes honest come
on be a man.
Lee
Jerome O'Neil
2003-11-11 22:33:04 UTC
Post by JCACTION
Enough said....any comments???
Do you really wear a cammo wetsuit?

Dork!

Submergo ergo sum
JCACTION
2003-11-11 23:45:01 UTC
Well Jerome, I am a dork????? Coming from someone with this kind of keen
insight, I feel complimented.