A Banner day
Salty
2003-11-16 08:58:29 UTC
Would you have picked the Hog, for ANYone?
Hrmmm -- I am not quite sure how to take this!
Just laugh. It's funny. Get your sense of humor back and you'll think so
too.
Maybe I should have put a (-: at the end. I was not upset...
My sense of humor is working quite well at the moment thank you.
OK. Well the post where Alan said about Jack charging X amount for the
domain and I said something like... "Careful. Ppl could get the wrong
idea about charges. Maybe he donated it to her."... and you got angry
at it. Heck... I thought that was a good joke. I was poking fun at
the whole mess. Lighten up already.
Salty
2003-11-16 09:03:42 UTC
are you practicing to write the copy for porn sites
If so, he isn't doing very good. I could write it up much
better...errrr... I mean that I've seen it penned in a much better
fashion.
Jerome's Sock Puppet
2003-11-16 17:27:43 UTC
Post by Salty
If so, he isn't doing very good. I could write it up much
better...errrr... I mean that I've seen it penned in a much better
fashion.
Would I still be the center of attention?

Submergo ergo sum
Salty
2003-11-17 18:11:03 UTC
Post by Jerome's Sock Puppet
Post by Salty
If so, he isn't doing very good. I could write it up much
better...errrr... I mean that I've seen it penned in a much better
fashion.
Would I still be the center of attention?
You could be the center of attention on any given day.

How is this.... ?? :

Jerome crossed the street when a little blonde wearing a black short
dress caught his eye. He thought... " I know her." Later, Jerome
couldn't believe it when that same blonde showed up for the monthly
meeting with his boss and the corporate managers. She sat across from
him and rubbed his leg with hers under the table. Jerome smiled at her
and reached down to touch her foot as she teased him across the table.
As he touched her heeled foot and felt her stocking, her leg seemed to
dance under his touch....

To be continued....
rnf2
2003-11-16 09:24:57 UTC
You don't want me to get riled up.
I have been calm for years now but those who remember the
"Carla times" can tell you that you should shut up quickly if you > piss
me off.

Hey, I know how to make RDX and how to rig a screw lid so it explodes on
opening.
Shouldn't I be the one to fear?

rhys
Scott

Can you work with Tang or flour?
Al Wells
2003-11-16 11:22:33 UTC
In article <***@corp.supernews.com>, ***@localaxes.com
says...
Post by Scott
Childs play.
Can you work with Tang or flour?
As my friend chiily would say, we've got an idjit on our hands. I can
blow up anything I want with anything I can find.
Salty
2003-11-17 17:49:08 UTC
Post by rnf2
Hey, I know how to make RDX and how to rig a screw lid so it explodes on
opening.
Shouldn't I be the one to fear?
Hmmm. <thinking about it> Well no. I could posion your dinner.
Isn't that worth some good points ??
rnf2
2003-11-18 07:47:46 UTC
Post by Salty
Post by rnf2
Hey, I know how to make RDX and how to rig a screw lid so it explodes on
opening.
Shouldn't I be the one to fear?
Hmmm. <thinking about it> Well no. I could posion your dinner.
Isn't that worth some good points ??
Hmm... Maybe, what do you use? I plan on getting my Cyanide licence next
year.

rhys
Alan Street
2003-11-18 20:30:38 UTC
In article <***@news.iconz.co.nz>, rnf2 <***@NOSPAMwaikato.ac.nz>
wrote:

€"Salty" <***@hotmail.com> wrote
€
€> > Hey, I know how to make RDX and how to rig a screw lid so it explodes on
€> > opening.
€> > Shouldn't I be the one to fear?
€>
€> Hmmm. <thinking about it> Well no. I could posion your dinner.
€> Isn't that worth some good points ??
€
€Hmm... Maybe, what do you use? I plan on getting my Cyanide licence next
€year.
€

License?? We 'don need no steenken license. We just buy it at the local
VWR Scientific supply and general store. Heck, I've probably got a jar
of NaCN in the garage somewhere if you want to borrow it ;-).

Alan
rnf2
2003-11-19 02:37:34 UTC
?> > Hey, I know how to make RDX and how to rig a screw lid so it explodes
on
?> > opening.
?> > Shouldn't I be the one to fear?
?>
?
?Hmm... Maybe, what do you use? I plan on getting my Cyanide licence next
?year.
?
License?? We 'don need no steenken license. We just buy it at the local
VWR Scientific supply and general store. Heck, I've probably got a jar
of NaCN in the garage somewhere if you want to borrow it ;-).
Alan
WE've got a nanny state here. It's not so bad that you need a licence to
possess potentially lethal subtances like Tabacco, but it's close. in this
case you need a pesticide operators licence to get cyanide paste/pellets
here. The only real use for them here is poisoning possums, or ex-wives who
want to much alimony, tho I've never been in that situation yet.

rhys
Dan Bracuk, CTHD
2003-11-16 12:40:34 UTC
"Dennis \(Icarus\)" <***@ever.invalid> pounded away at his
keyboard resulting in:
:I think it depends on what one is being abrasive and obnoxious about, and to
:whom.
:To quote HRH, "that case-by-case nonsense" :-)
:
:Ex: if JC had been abrasive and obnoxious to, say, steve spencer, there
:likely would have been little outcry.

Ah yes, the old good guy bad guy syndrome. It's not the behaviour
that counts, it's the behaver.

Lotta people on this group subscribe to that theory.

Dan Bracuk
If at first you don't succeed, you run the risk of failure.
The Best of rec.scuba http://www.pathcom.com/~bracuk/RecScuba/

Brian Nadwidny
2003-11-16 16:57:47 UTC
Post by Dan Bracuk, CTHD
Ah yes, the old good guy bad guy syndrome. It's not the behaviour
that counts, it's the behaver.
Lotta people on this group subscribe to that theory.
Not me. Where do I find it? Under rec.goodguybadguy.syndrome?

Brian
Edmonton, Alberta
www.mossmanscubaventures.com
Dennis (Icarus)
2003-11-16 13:38:38 UTC
Post by Dan Bracuk, CTHD
:I think it depends on what one is being abrasive and obnoxious about, and to
:whom.
:To quote HRH, "that case-by-case nonsense" :-)
:Ex: if JC had been abrasive and obnoxious to, say, steve spencer, there
:likely would have been little outcry.
Ah yes, the old good guy bad guy syndrome. It's not the behaviour
that counts, it's the behaver.
Oftentimes, yes. One may be willing to cut someone they know a bit more
slack, vs someone they don't.

Greg Mossman
2003-11-17 07:40:50 UTC
Post by Dennis (Icarus)
Post by Dan Bracuk, CTHD
Ah yes, the old good guy bad guy syndrome. It's not the behaviour
that counts, it's the behaver.
Oftentimes, yes. One may be willing to cut someone they know a bit more
slack, vs someone they don't.
So when do you truly know someone? From his/her posts? A telephone call?
Face-to-face meeting? Twenty years of living with them?
John Francis CID
2003-11-16 13:44:45 UTC
On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 22:07:43 -0600, "Dennis \(Icarus\)"
Post by Dan Bracuk, CTHD
Some things can be apologized for, sincerely, but can't be forgiven.
If you're suggesting that being abrasive and obnoxious on rec.scuba is
unforgiveable, then many many posters are in deep shit.
I think it depends on what one is being abrasive and obnoxious about, and to
whom.
To quote HRH, "that case-by-case nonsense" :-)
Ex: if JC had been abrasive and obnoxious to, say, steve spencer, there
likely would have been little outcry.
There is a law of diminishing returns, even in the manly art of verbal
abuse. The trick is to be bright enough to know when enuf's enuf.
Besides, Steve has learned to play the game and knows what to expect
now. Seems to me he has as much fun baiting as others do beating on
him.

And slightly tangentially I will say in Steve's defense, he made it
clear in an email to me that he was respectfully standup as far as
Hog's passing. He knows when the fun ends.

As for JC, if anyone bothers to check timestamps, I believe you'll
find that his most recent post was the apology, which sounded fairly
straightforward and well meant to me. Strikes me that in his absence
further browbeating is at best unnecessary and at worst a hypocritical
attempt to goad him back to the fray.

JF

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think
of one way to spell a word."
- Andrew Jackson (1767-1845)
Dennis (Icarus)
2003-11-17 00:25:09 UTC
Post by Dan Bracuk, CTHD
[...]
Very true. He was rather classy in that respect.
Post by John Francis CID
As for JC, if anyone bothers to check timestamps, I believe you'll
find that his most recent post was the apology, which sounded fairly
straightforward and well meant to me. Strikes me that in his absence
further browbeating is at best unnecessary and at worst a hypocritical
attempt to goad him back to the fray.
I had noticed that. Didn't think I was browbeating.

- Andrew Jackson (1767-1845)
John Francis CID
2003-11-17 04:14:16 UTC
On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 18:25:09 -0600, "Dennis \(Icarus\)"
Post by Dennis (Icarus)
Post by John Francis CID
As for JC, if anyone bothers to check timestamps, I believe you'll
find that his most recent post was the apology, which sounded fairly
straightforward and well meant to me. Strikes me that in his absence
further browbeating is at best unnecessary and at worst a hypocritical
attempt to goad him back to the fray.
I had noticed that. Didn't think I was browbeating.
Sorry about that. I got busy being pedantic and forgot which post I
was responding to. That comment was a generalization. I've also just
noticed that some of the posts in this thread are appearing up to 48
hours after their timestamp, at least on my machine, which explains
some of the apparent belabouring. Mea culpa.

- Andrew Jackson (1767-1845)
Greg Mossman
2003-11-17 07:45:15 UTC
Post by Dennis (Icarus)
Very true. He was rather classy in that respect.
classy

adj : (informal) elegant and fashionable; "classy clothes"; "a posh
restaurant"; "a swish pastry shop oon the Rue du Bac"- Julia Child [syn:
posh, swish]

-- www.dictionary.com

So are you calling Spencer a swish?
You're always browbeating, even when you're not. Perhaps it's your nature.
Al Wells
2003-11-16 09:47:11 UTC
UUHHH. hmmnnn. When I ask her nicely, for a dive like this, she will usually
agree to do exactly as she wants :-)
That sounds more like the Sandra I met. I still remember the look of
horror on your face when she tried on Barb's Xena BC and said she liked
it :-)
Luckily, she is willing to take a 125 foot dive seriously enough so that I
can stay near her at all times ( on a 40 foot dive in Boynton, if I look
away for 15 seconds to watch a cobia, when I look back at where she had
been, she could easily have vanished).
On a 120 foot dive, she won't act in this manner any longer, and of course,
I am more careful not to look away :-)
LOL Cindy just got a really nice digital camera setup, and I find that I
have to pay twice as much attention because she is sometimes paying none.
Her housing is only good to 150, so I don't have to worry yet on the
deeper dives. She has been an excellent dive buddy so far (gas trained by
Mikey Rodriguez), except for a few days right after she bought Steve
Berman's 18W HID and became engrossed with things in the caves she had
never seen before. I've learned a few things from some real pros about
serious diving with photographers and archaeologists (and still have much
to learn), and I guess I'll have to be in "teacher mode" for a bit.

Hope to see you on the next trip down, not yet sure when that will be
though.

al
Dan Volker
2003-11-16 15:19:43 UTC
Post by Al Wells
[...]
Just make sure you "warn me" when your down here next time :-)

Regards,
Dan V
Brian Nadwidny
2003-11-16 16:55:46 UTC
JC, I don't know who you are but you've insulted almost everyone that
I like here. You really need to stop this.
You need to start reading the whole thread before you respond. You're
getting your panties in a knot over old news. He's since reformed,
maybe.

Salty
2003-11-17 17:53:30 UTC
Post by Brian Nadwidny
JC, I don't know who you are but you've insulted almost everyone that
I like here. You really need to stop this.
You need to start reading the whole thread before you respond. You're
getting your panties in a knot over old news. He's since reformed,
maybe.
I don't wear panties. <evil grin>

Regardless, the question is... Has he reformed to my satisfaction ??
And the big emphasis is on the words "my satisfaction."
Rick Simms () (Rick Simms)
2003-11-17 00:08:28 UTC
Apologies don't always cut it, sincere or not.
"I'm sorry, honey, I won't hit you again..."
In regard to your given example as applied to a Kentucky girl, her
reply could be...

"Apology accepted." as she stands over his bleeding carcass thumbing
another six rounds into the cylinder.

Rick Simms

In some places "He just needed killin" is a viable defense statement.
Jammer Six
2003-11-17 00:14:27 UTC
In article <***@newsgroups.bellsouth.net>, wrote:

€ In regard to your given example as applied to a Kentucky girl, her
€ reply could be...
€
€ "Apology accepted." as she stands over his bleeding carcass thumbing
€ another six rounds into the cylinder.

Funny, that's not the way I remember Kentucky...
--
"We're going to rush the hijackers."
-Jeremy Glick, aboard United Airlines flight 93, September 11, 2001
rnf2
2003-11-17 09:02:43 UTC
? In regard to your given example as applied to a Kentucky girl, her
? reply could be...
?
? "Apology accepted." as she stands over his bleeding carcass thumbing
? another six rounds into the cylinder.
Funny, that's not the way I remember Kentucky...
Yeah, I thought they had a rifle all of their own... Don't they all use
Kentucky Rifles?

And fry the chickens they hit their own way at that. it's world famous you
know...

rhys
Rick Simms () (Rick Simms)
2003-11-17 12:18:34 UTC
Post by rnf2
? In regard to your given example as applied to a Kentucky girl, her
? reply could be...
?
? "Apology accepted." as she stands over his bleeding carcass thumbing
? another six rounds into the cylinder.
Funny, that's not the way I remember Kentucky...
Yeah, I thought they had a rifle all of their own... Don't they all use
Kentucky Rifles?
And fry the chickens they hit their own way at that. it's world famous you
know...
rhys
And yet another post degenerates into a gun and chicken thread.

Michael Wolf
2003-11-17 12:45:44 UTC
Post by Rick Simms () (Rick Simms)
Post by rnf2
? In regard to your given example as applied to a Kentucky girl, her
? reply could be...
?
? "Apology accepted." as she stands over his bleeding carcass thumbing
? another six rounds into the cylinder.
Funny, that's not the way I remember Kentucky...
Yeah, I thought they had a rifle all of their own... Don't they all use
Kentucky Rifles?
And fry the chickens they hit their own way at that. it's world famous you
know...
rhys
And yet another post degenerates into a gun and chicken thread.
It's the focus on chicken that worries me...
--
Michael Wolf

-----

Cthulhu For President.
Why settle for the lesser evil?

remove stopspam to reply
Jammer Six
2003-11-17 16:14:30 UTC
In article <***@newsgroups.bellsouth.net>, wrote:

€ And yet another post degenerates into a gun and chicken thread.

Kentucky, Rick.

It's a gun and sex thread now.
--
"We're going to rush the hijackers."
-Jeremy Glick, aboard United Airlines flight 93, September 11, 2001
Michael Wolf
2003-11-17 16:29:30 UTC
€ And yet another post degenerates into a gun and chicken thread.
Kentucky, Rick.
It's a gun and sex thread now.
Perhaps for some a chicken thread is also a sex thread...
--
Michael Wolf

-----

remove stopspam to reply
Jammer Six
2003-11-17 18:33:01 UTC
In article <bpatbo$1lm$***@reader08.wxs.nl>, Michael Wolf
<***@advalvasstopspam.be> wrote:

€ > Kentucky, Rick.
€ >
€ > It's a gun and sex thread now.
€ >
€
€ Perhaps for some a chicken thread is also a sex thread...

Kentucky, Michael, Kentucky.
--
"We're going to rush the hijackers."
-Jeremy Glick, aboard United Airlines flight 93, September 11, 2001
Rick Simms () (Rick Simms)

Rick Simms () (Rick Simms)
2003-11-17 00:08:28 UTC
Rick,
I guess I am just skeptical by profession. We have a saying, "In God we
trust, all others checked NCIC".
I'm not all that trusting in NCIC.

Rick Simms

What you get out of life is in direct proportion to what you put into your life.
Nitespark
2003-11-17 02:10:00 UTC
Post by Rick Simms () (Rick Simms)
Rick,
I guess I am just skeptical by profession. We have a saying, "In God we
trust, all others checked NCIC".
I'm not all that trusting in NCIC.
Better than most of my clients.
--
“Genius is 1 percent inspiration and 99 percent perspiration”- Thomas Edison

“If Mr. Edison didn’t perspire so much, he would get more accomplished”-
Nikola Tesla
DavidM
2003-11-17 01:49:57 UTC
AM AMAZED AT THE LINE OF FOLLOWERS I HAVE CREATED HERE
There was another guy who claimed rec.scuba was full of his
"followers" and "worshippers".

Before he died, that is.

Cheers
David M
Chris Guynn
2003-11-17 18:04:35 UTC
<unplonk>
John Francis CID
2003-11-18 00:34:16 UTC
On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 19:32:56 -0500, "JCACTION"
I have never in my life seen a more backwards bunch of rednecks scumsucking
tobacco chewing inbreeding bunch of loosers in my life.
Is anyone else's news server running a week behind. This just arrived
a week late. Unfortunate timing.

- Andrew Jackson (1767-1845)
Dan Bracuk, CTHD
2003-11-18 01:00:18 UTC
John Francis CID <***@sympatico.ca.remove> pounded away at his
keyboard resulting in:
:Is anyone else's news server running a week behind. This just arrived
:a week late. Unfortunate timing.

Every once in awhile something just takes the scenic route.

Calamari
2003-11-20 02:55:06 UTC
Well sure. The first 35 years of my life did that.
H. Huntzinger
2003-11-18 11:44:16 UTC
On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 19:39:24 -0500, "JCACTION"
Hello, everyone. My name is JC and I have to put a stop to this nonsense
as I have really come to the realization that I have gone too far and
embarrassed myself in front of many folks who I do not even know.
When I heard someone was talking about me, I did not react properly and
thanks to a few private messages from some nice folks here...
<snip>
My initial reaction to your posts was to simply ignore the rather
juvenile rantings that you issued. But it would appear that some of
the group took the time and effort to explain to you why you were out
of line. Those emails should explain volumes to you about this group.
Many here have dived together, shared a meal or two, clinked a glass
in friendship and offered the hospitality of their home.
Agreed.
You have the courage to issue an apology for your action. That is
commendable. What results from it will remain to be seen.
And along these lines, JC is invited to submit a photo of him for the
Strokes Gallery; if he hangs out long enough to become a regular, John
Francis may add him to the 'Characters of Rec.Scuba' page, too.

http://www.huntzinger.com/dive/strokes/

http://www.huntzinger.com/~francis/

-hh
John Francis CID
2003-11-18 13:41:44 UTC
On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 06:44:16 -0500, " H. Huntzinger"
Post by H. Huntzinger
And along these lines, JC is invited to submit a photo of him for the
Strokes Gallery; if he hangs out long enough to become a regular, John
Francis may add him to the 'Characters of Rec.Scuba' page, too.
http://www.huntzinger.com/dive/strokes/
http://www.huntzinger.com/~francis/
Absolutely. Anyone who joins our merry band with such a splash should
be included. He is the stuff of rec.scuba legend. 8)

- Andrew Jackson (1767-1845)
Curtis
2003-11-18 22:44:11 UTC
Post by John Francis CID
Absolutely. Anyone who joins our merry band with such a splash should
be included. He is the stuff of rec.scuba legend. 8)
Such a splash? Some people need their fucking heads examined, and
that's besides JC.

Tolerate such an assault way over the line, get a simple "Oh, I'm sorry"
and everything is OK? Instantly?

Sorry, keep your vulgar loudmouthed braggarts, canonize some
even......my killfile has more room than Lee's, I guess. Y'all have fun
with the 18 inch pecker contests

Curtis
chilly
I sure like how you think, big guy. :^)
Jammer Six
2003-11-19 02:03:49 UTC
In article <fVzub.430214$***@pd7tw2no>, chilly
<***@shaw.canada> wrote:

€ > Sorry, keep your vulgar loudmouthed braggarts, canonize some
€ > even......my killfile has more room than Lee's, I guess. Y'all have fun
€ > with the 18 inch pecker contests
€
€ I sure like how you think, big guy. :^)

Oh, great.

Who let the midgets in here?
--
"We're going to rush the hijackers."
-Jeremy Glick, aboard United Airlines flight 93, September 11, 2001
Jerome's Sock Puppet
2003-11-20 05:28:17 UTC
Post by Jammer Six
Y'all have fun with the 18 inch pecker contests
? I sure like how you think, big guy. :^)
Who let the midgets in here?
He meant 18 inch-pecker contests, not 18-inch pecker contests.

I think they're doing one a day for a month, and taking weekends off.

Submergo ergo sum
Scott

Mine got shot off in a bar fight, and left a 13 inch stump...
Curtis
2003-11-19 04:39:42 UTC
;-)
rnf2
2003-11-19 02:34:27 UTC
Post by H. Huntzinger
And along these lines, JC is invited to submit a photo of him for the
Strokes Gallery; if he hangs out long enough to become a regular, John
Francis may add him to the 'Characters of Rec.Scuba' page, too.
http://www.huntzinger.com/dive/strokes/
http://www.huntzinger.com/~francis/
Absolutely. Anyone who joins our merry band with such a splash should
be included. He is the stuff of rec.scuba legend. 8)
JF
Am I a Character?

Or just a wannabe coffeemaker?

rhys
John Francis CID
2003-11-19 03:37:08 UTC
Post by H. Huntzinger
And along these lines, JC is invited to submit a photo of him for the
Strokes Gallery; if he hangs out long enough to become a regular, John
Francis may add him to the 'Characters of Rec.Scuba' page, too.
http://www.huntzinger.com/dive/strokes/
http://www.huntzinger.com/~francis/
Absolutely. Anyone who joins our merry band with such a splash should
be included. He is the stuff of rec.scuba legend. 8)
JF
Am I a Character?
Or just a wannabe coffeemaker?
rhys
Anyone who survives their first week here is a character. Send a
picture.

- Andrew Jackson (1767-1845)
rnf2
2003-11-19 04:40:55 UTC
Post by John Francis CID
Anyone who survives their first week here is a character. Send a
picture.
JF
Sent.

All ashy, sooty and tired from lighting fires in the hills. Those in
Californicata must be glad I'm not in their backyard.

I'll send a better one when I get around to taking one, my Digicam isn't too
good and I only use a roll of film every three years in the 35mm cam.

;)

rhys
Jammer Six
2003-11-19 05:15:05 UTC
In article <***@news.iconz.co.nz>, rnf2 <***@NOSPAMwaikato.ac.nz>
wrote:

€ Am I a Character?
€
€ Or just a wannabe coffeemaker?

Well, are you PADI or NAUI?

OW or DM?
--
"We're going to rush the hijackers."
-Jeremy Glick, aboard United Airlines flight 93, September 11, 2001
rnf2
2003-11-19 05:32:54 UTC
? Am I a Character?
?
? Or just a wannabe coffeemaker?
Well, are you PADI or NAUI?
OW or DM?
--
At the moment, PADI AOW with 7 specialities including deep and night. A few
more dives and a I'll be a PADI DM, I've passed all the theory but my gear

rhys
Curtis
Ah, a Brooklyn Bridge Stockholder........ :-)
rnf2
2003-11-19 07:10:27 UTC
Better Brooklyn Bridge than Enron or Worldcom.
rnf2
Oh... Forgot Rescue diver.
DavidM
2003-11-19 06:04:04 UTC
Post by rnf2
Oh... Forgot Rescue diver.
What do you know about coffee?

Cheers
David M
rnf2
2003-11-19 07:09:23 UTC
Post by DavidM
Post by rnf2
Oh... Forgot Rescue diver.
What do you know about coffee?
Cheers
David M
It's brown and comes from columbia, but is not as much fun as the stuff that
is white and comes from columbia.

Oh, and more white stuff than brown stuff is exported from columbia.

I drink tea. I couldn't make a good cup of coffee to save your life, not
sure if I would try either...

rhys
DavidM
2003-11-19 07:26:09 UTC
Post by rnf2
I drink tea.
NAUI.

Cheers
David M
rnf2
2003-11-19 09:08:14 UTC
Post by DavidM
Post by rnf2
I drink tea.
NAUI.
Cheers
David M
I'm not sure if theres a NAUI affiliated shop or NAUI Instructor in my city.
Two places are PADI, two places are SSI (now one since the merge), and the
other dive shop is a fill and gear only place, no instruction.

*Just been to the NAUI.com site and had a look in shop locator and theres 4
places listed, one in the capital 900Km away on good roads, two in the
largest city, 150Km away, and one out in the arse end of nowhere 700Km away
at the far end of some pretty shitty roads.

Why would I be NAUI when they are so far away?

diveSSI.com shop dealer search has only one, the place that recently merged
with the other SSI provider, so I don't think their accuracy is that good.
if they can't keep track of something above the water, what're they gonna do
when Narked out on N2 underwater?

TDI/SDI only has a head office contact in Auckland, no listed dive shops or
instructors.

rhys
Jammer Six
2003-11-19 09:26:58 UTC
wrote:

€ It's brown and comes from columbia, but is not as much fun as the stuff that
€ is white and comes from columbia.
€
€ Oh, and more white stuff than brown stuff is exported from columbia.
€
€ I drink tea. I couldn't make a good cup of coffee to save your life, not
€ sure if I would try either...

Yup, that's PADI.

"Zip me up!"
--
"I know we're going to die. There's three of us who are going to do something
about it."
-Tom Burnett, aboard United Airlines flight 93, September 11, 2001
rnf2
2003-11-19 09:48:25 UTC
Post by Jammer Six
"Zip me up!"
*Pulls out Pneumatic staple gun and starts compressor.*

How many nails sir?
;)

rhys
Jammer Six
2003-11-19 15:43:46 UTC
In article <***@news.iconz.co.nz>, rnf2 <***@NOSPAMwaikato.ac.nz>
wrote:

€ How many nails sir?

How big is the zipper?
-Tom Burnett, aboard United Airlines flight 93, September 11, 2001
rnf2
2003-11-19 20:04:51 UTC
? How many nails sir?
How big is the zipper?
Don't know, I've never seen your fly.

rhys
Jammer Six
2003-11-19 22:01:07 UTC
In article <3fbbcbc9$***@news.iconz.co.nz>, rnf2
<***@NOSPAMwaikato.ac.nz> wrote:

€ > ? How many nails sir?
€ >
€ > How big is the zipper?
€ >
€
€ Don't know, I've never seen your fly.

You have me confused with steve.

I'll take care of my own zipper.

Thanks for the offer, though.
--
"A bunch of us went down to Gettysburg.
Some of us didn't come back.
If you weren't there, you'll never understand." -Unknown Infantryman
Limey Dave
2003-11-23 01:53:59 UTC
Post by rnf2
It's brown and comes from columbia, but is not as much fun as the stuff that
is white and comes from columbia.
Oh, and more white stuff than brown stuff is exported from columbia.
You're confused. You're mixing up yer drugs with yer condiments and yer
countries with yer states.
Post by rnf2
I drink tea. I couldn't make a good cup of coffee to save your life, not
sure if I would try either...
You're not DM material then.

Dave.
rnf2
2003-11-23 02:35:10 UTC
Post by rnf2
is white and comes from columbia.
Oh, and more white stuff than brown stuff is exported from columbia.
You're confused. You're mixing up yer drugs with yer condiments and yer
countries with yer states.
I think the white stuff I put in my tea wasn't sugar...

rhys
Limey Dave
2003-11-24 17:43:23 UTC
Post by rnf2
Post by rnf2
is white and comes from columbia.
Oh, and more white stuff than brown stuff is exported from columbia.
You're confused. You're mixing up yer drugs with yer condiments and yer
countries with yer states.
I think the white stuff I put in my tea wasn't sugar...
You ruined yer cha?
Post by rnf2
Am I really seeing a Ballet dancing elephant in a lime green tutu?
Judging by yer posts, I'd say very likely!

Dave.
You're not DM material then.
Jammer Six
2003-11-19 09:18:49 UTC
In article <***@news.iconz.co.nz>, rnf2 <***@NOSPAMwaikato.ac.nz>
wrote:

€ > ? Am I a Character?
€ > ?
€ > ? Or just a wannabe coffeemaker?
€ >
€ > Well, are you PADI or NAUI?
€ >
€ > OW or DM?
€ >
€ > --
€ At the moment, PADI AOW with 7 specialities including deep and night. A few
€ more dives and a I'll be a PADI DM, I've passed all the theory but my gear
€ was stolen so I'm a bit behind in underwater time.

That adds up to unlucky wannabe.

Be lucky or be good.

You're definitely not lucky, so you better switch to GUE.
rnf2
2003-11-19 09:49:56 UTC
? > ? Am I a Character?
? > ?
? > ? Or just a wannabe coffeemaker?
? >
? > Well, are you PADI or NAUI?
? >
? > OW or DM?
? >
? > --
? At the moment, PADI AOW with 7 specialities including deep and night. A
few
? more dives and a I'll be a PADI DM, I've passed all the theory but my
gear
? was stolen so I'm a bit behind in underwater time.
That adds up to unlucky wannabe.
Be lucky or be good.
You're definitely not lucky, so you better switch to GUE.
If you point out where in NZ I can find a GUE instructor the Govt will pay
for instruction with.

rhys
David Scarlett
2003-11-19 09:56:10 UTC
Post by rnf2
If you point out where in NZ I can find a GUE instructor the Govt
will pay for instruction with.
If you want GUE instruction in NZ, contact the guys at:
http://www.innerrealm.co.nz/

They've organised a GUE course in NZ in the past and I think are doing
it again... And if you find a way to get the government to pay for it,
please let me know how. :-D
--
David Scarlett

***@_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ optusnet.com.au
DavidM
2003-11-19 10:06:16 UTC
Post by rnf2
If you point out where in NZ I can find a GUE instructor the Govt will pay
for instruction with.
Oh, you need the government to pay for it? Better stick with PADI
then - the government will really love all the official certificates
and glossy brochures :)

Cheers
David M
Jammer Six
2003-11-19 15:42:58 UTC
wrote:

€ If you point out where in NZ I can find a GUE instructor the Govt will pay
€ for instruction with.

Why don't I just take the course for you, and send you the card?

That would be so much easier for you, what with me being right here in
Washington, and all.
Greg Mossman
2003-11-19 18:27:41 UTC
And then you can finally claim you've taken a GUE course. Go for it.
Curtis
2003-11-18 22:43:56 UTC
Curtis, I know it really is unfair to ask you, but I just don't know
anyone
else in the area, with your good heart and gentle nature.
Is there any possibility that you could be at Fill Express this morning as
my proxy??
:^)
Just got back on, been diving. Cave country is damn sure "purty" this
time of year.

You may rest assured that much better behavior would be in order in my
presence.

Curtis
Limey Dave
2003-11-23 01:53:58 UTC
Post by John Francis CID
Curtis, I know it really is unfair to ask you, but I just don't know
anyone
else in the area, with your good heart and gentle nature.
Is there any possibility that you could be at Fill Express this morning as
my proxy??
:^)
Just got back on, been diving. Cave country is damn sure "purty" this
time of year.
You may rest assured that much better behavior would be in order in my
presence.
I'm sure that'd apply in many cases. You know how it is with the mouths.

Dave.