A Banner day
bullshark
2003-11-09 16:10:01 UTC
We were invaded. Not one, but five divers from the dark side.

Two had the biggest spearguns I've ever seen. Five feet long
and four banded. All the rest carried spearguns as well.

One brought two sets of doubles on board. I was gratified to learn
that correct technique for carrying doubles is to grab both ends
and hold the manifold right under your chin with elbows high.

One was sporting DIN valve 8" jesus-jugs with cave fills. I was too
honored for words when he decided my foot was the best place to
rest one of them. I also learned that 8" jesus jugs are carried
on the shoulder, especially when boarding the boat.

Three of them carried HID. I can't say what the burn times were
but the size of the canisters reassured me that the boat would
have no difficulty starting engines in the event that the 8Ds failed.

Nine O'clock departure time came and went as we watched one of them
(who arrived at eight thirty), stand by his car talking on a cell phone
while his wife stood by talking on another cell phone as he carefully
assembled his gear. Gear that would not be on the boat for another
fifteen minutes. It's important to set it up right.

Dive time finally arrives and we learn all kinds of new entry
techniques. Face first seems to be popular with the big guns,
while baby strides that tap the platform with the tank, coming
in a close second.

Effective weight distribution is no problem. We see one of them
hitch up the all-neoprene-multi-pocket-crotch-strap-captive belt
to a point just below his sternum and cinch it up tight. This
guy is a serious hunter. He sports a blue on blue camo wetsuit
so the fish will never see him coming.

Pointing to an all-purpose folding hex-key set with a first stage
port plug on the deck, I ask: "Is that a problem?"

One of the big guns waiting to enter the water is handed a spool he
left behind. He slides it under the palm of the hand holding the
monster gun. Good call. You don't want too much stuff on yer D-Rings.

Two of the divers about to enter look like they are going to vapor
lock. Hyperventilating, their faces are locked in a grimace of firm
determination to overcome their obstacle. My rescue training tells
me to intervene, but the sight of those long hoses and practiced
OOA skills supersedes my gut feeling.

When we got back on the boat, all the divers were there. That was
a relief. We overheard firm reassurances:
"Nah you don't need a computer. I do it all in my head."
"Once you get your tech I it's all second nature."
"30 fpm to the first stop. Stay 20 seconds, then 20 seconds for
the next ten feet. Stop for 20 seconds. Then just repeat that
until you get to 20 feet."

One of the spear-sissies got a nice Hog. Rather than dispatch
it, he just poked it in the eye with the steel catch loop, poking
it out the other side. A half our later, the fish was still alive.
It's a pity that his "distressed-fish-shark-troller" failed to
attract our resident bull. I know he wanted to kill something
really big.

The hog was proudly displayed on the centerline mat, so we just
stepped over it to get to the second dive. When we got back they
were all on board again except for one, so I have great faith now
in their decompression planning. The odd man out was found by his
lift bag.

DIR divers are very impressive. The impression is indelible.

safe diving,

bullshark
Alan Street
2003-11-09 17:27:08 UTC
In article <***@4ax.com>, bullshark
<***@scubadiving.com> wrote:

€
€
€The hog was proudly displayed on the centerline mat, so we just
€stepped over it to get to the second dive. When we got back they
€were all on board again except for one, so I have great faith now
€in their decompression planning. The odd man out was found by his
€lift bag.
€
€DIR divers are very impressive. The impression is indelible.
€
€safe diving,
€
€bullshark
€

Nice story. It sounds like the Pony Boys have been reincarnated as GUE
grads.

Alan
mike gray, CID
2003-11-09 17:32:11 UTC
bullshark wrote:

(snip)

Just proves there's a very fine line between recreational scuba and
entertainment scuba.
suds
2003-11-09 17:49:44 UTC
Post by bullshark
We were invaded. Not one, but five divers from the dark side.
<snip>

Come on, you sound like Bush claiming Saddam is al-Qaida. These guys
weren't DIR. "Blue camo wetsuit?" Since when is any other color than black
permitted? "Hyperventilating?" Doesn't sound like they were in good shape.

If you don't want 'em on your boat, do what we do out here: spear fishing is
only permitted when free diving. That takes care of the safety issues too.
LOL

suds
Dawn Francis
2003-11-11 02:05:16 UTC
A few years ago I was in Cozumel, a cattle boat dive, there was this one
loud American bragging that he was a PADI Dive Master <fanfare>. We all drop
off the boat to meet the local divemaster below and what do I see? The PADI
Dive Master <fan fare> bi**h slapping the coral with his fins! Yup - you
nailed the buoyancy issue buddy, it should take a few hundred years to undo
the damage you just did.
Lesson learned....you can't judge all divers by the arrogance shown by some,
come on people - you know better! DIR = Doing It Right and isn't that what
we all should be trying to do?
By the way Bullshark...I loved your story, well told. 'Tanks' for the
giggles!
Ladygodiver
suds
Jon C
2003-11-09 17:49:35 UTC
blah blah
Might be GUE grads, if you say so, but they're not DIR. There is a
difference.
Lee Bell
2003-11-09 20:12:25 UTC
Post by Jon C
blah blah
Might be GUE grads, if you say so, but they're not DIR. There is a
difference.
You were there? If not, what makes you think your guess is better than
bullshark's observation?
Jon C
bullshark's observation?
Lee Bell
2003-11-09 22:29:59 UTC
Post by Jon C
Improper entries, spears, wetsuit with steel tanks, holding spools in your
hand for storage, improper carrying of doubles. That's not DIR, that much
is obvious ;)
Only if you assume that all DIR divers are DIR all the time. I imagine that
part of bullshark's point is that they aren't. He and I have both seen DIR
divers doing some very non DIR stuff. Quite often, it's a case of do as I
say, not as I do . . . or, perhaps, because somebody that is DIR thought of
it, it's fine. When somebody else came up with it, it's crap.

Lee
Dennis (Icarus)
2003-11-09 22:42:24 UTC
Post by Lee Bell
Post by Jon C
Improper entries, spears, wetsuit with steel tanks, holding spools in your
hand for storage, improper carrying of doubles. That's not DIR, that much
is obvious ;)
Only if you assume that all DIR divers are DIR all the time. I imagine that
part of bullshark's point is that they aren't. He and I have both seen DIR
divers doing some very non DIR stuff. Quite often, it's a case of do as I
say, not as I do . . . or, perhaps, because somebody that is DIR thought of
it, it's fine. When somebody else came up with it, it's crap.
I thought that if you were DIR, then you're a DIR diver. If you're doing
something non-DIR, then you aren't a DIR diver - no matter what they claim
they are, no matter how much Halcyon gear they have, no matter how many
classes they've taken from MHK or GUE. :-)

Dennis
Lee
John Francis CID
2003-11-10 01:49:01 UTC
On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 16:42:24 -0600, "Dennis \(Icarus\)"
Post by Dennis (Icarus)
I thought that if you were DIR, then you're a DIR diver. If you're doing
something non-DIR, then you aren't a DIR diver - no matter what they claim
they are, no matter how much Halcyon gear they have, no matter how many
classes they've taken from MHK or GUE. :-)
There are dangers in dealing in absolutes.

JF
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think
of one way to spell a word."
- Andrew Jackson (1767-1845)
Lee Bell
2003-11-10 02:13:59 UTC
Post by Dennis (Icarus)
I thought that if you were DIR, then you're a DIR diver. If you're doing
something non-DIR, then you aren't a DIR diver - no matter what they claim
they are, no matter how much Halcyon gear they have, no matter how many
classes they've taken from MHK or GUE. :-)
That's a rather convenient way to ensure your organization is never wrong.
Lucky for all of us, there are those that won't let something like this
slide. You can't claim to have the best answer for all diving, in all
conditions, and all situations, and then claim that when you screwed up you
weren't being DIR that day.

Lee
Dennis (Icarus)
2003-11-10 02:57:07 UTC
Post by Lee Bell
Post by Dennis (Icarus)
I thought that if you were DIR, then you're a DIR diver. If you're doing
something non-DIR, then you aren't a DIR diver - no matter what they claim
they are, no matter how much Halcyon gear they have, no matter how many
classes they've taken from MHK or GUE. :-)
That's a rather convenient way to ensure your organization is never wrong.
Lucky for all of us, there are those that won't let something like this
slide. You can't claim to have the best answer for all diving, in all
conditions, and all situations, and then claim that when you screwed up you
weren't being DIR that day.
More like pointing out that ones claims have to match ones actions.
One can say they're X, but I fgure actions would be much more appropriate.

Dennis
Lee
suds
BINGO!!!!!
Dennis (Icarus)
2003-11-11 04:01:06 UTC
Post by suds
Post by Lee Bell
That's a rather convenient way to ensure your organization is never wrong.
Lucky for all of us, there are those that won't let something like this
slide. You can't claim to have the best answer for all diving, in all
conditions, and all situations, and then claim that when you screwed up
you
Post by Lee Bell
weren't being DIR that day.
BINGO!!!!!
Personally I figure that ones actions speak much louder thanwahtever claims
someone makes.
If one claims to be DIR, and yet engages in unsafe, inappropriate practices,
are they DIR or not? :-)

Dennis
suds
Can we also extended this to the "Religious Right?"
Dennis (Icarus)
2003-11-11 12:05:32 UTC
Post by Dennis (Icarus)
are they DIR or not? :-)
Can we also extended this to the "Religious Right?"
Yes, or the irreligious left, or the religious left, or pretty much anything
else.

Dennis
Scott
2003-11-11 15:28:12 UTC
Post by suds
Can we also extended this to the "Religious Right?"
Anyone stopping you and your cult from practicing whatever it is you
practice?

Anyone even give a shit?

OK then.
Lee Bell
2003-11-11 14:08:00 UTC
Post by Dennis (Icarus)
Personally I figure that ones actions speak much louder thanwahtever claims
someone makes. If one claims to be DIR, and yet engages in unsafe,
inappropriate practices,
Post by Dennis (Icarus)
are they DIR or not? :-)
If not, there there aren't and DIR divers anywhere. I used to have a post
by George on his experience with a keel weight, where he talked about
flopping around on the surface like a complete newbie and needing help from
both his dive buddies to get back under control. Then there's the time he
cut his drysuit open with a scooter prop . . . George says Scuba Pro
regulators are shit as a primary. Jarrod uses them, at least he does in
his fundamentals book.

I figure DIR guys are pretty much like other guys, they make mistakes, don't
pay enough attention to what they're doing on occasion and, when the insist
on coming to a shallow water recreational dive in full kit, look like what
they are, at that moment, being, strokes. YMMV. The biggest difference, as
far as I can tell, is the amount of noise some generate and the lack of
respect for others than they consistently demonstrate.

Lee
Dan Bracuk, CTHD
2003-11-12 03:57:36 UTC
"Dennis \(Icarus\)" <***@ever.invalid> pounded away at his
keyboard resulting in:
:If one claims to be DIR, and yet engages in unsafe, inappropriate practices,
:are they DIR or not? :-)

yes

Dan Bracuk
If at first you don't succeed, you run the risk of failure.
The Best of rec.scuba http://www.pathcom.com/~bracuk/RecScuba/

Kevin Metcalfe
2003-11-12 00:36:31 UTC
Post by Lee Bell
Post by Dennis (Icarus)
I thought that if you were DIR, then you're a DIR diver. If you're doing
something non-DIR, then you aren't a DIR diver - no matter what they claim
they are, no matter how much Halcyon gear they have, no matter how many
classes they've taken from MHK or GUE. :-)
That's a rather convenient way to ensure your organization is never wrong.
Lucky for all of us, there are those that won't let something like this
slide. You can't claim to have the best answer for all diving, in all
conditions, and all situations, and then claim that when you screwed up you
weren't being DIR that day.
That one doesn't pass the logic test. Was Jimmy Swaggert being a
Christian when he was spanking his monkey in front of a hooker in a
cheap motel room? I think that most people would say no. His actions
that night have nothing to do with Christianity as a whole. But they
do some something about Jimmy Swaggert!

If somebody is or claims to be a DIR diver and then does something
that goes against DIR, they at that point in time they are not a DIR
diver. If somebody has always been a safe driver and never got behind
the wheel when drunk, but then goes on a bender and kills 4 kids in a
cross walk, does that reflect on the driver or what we call safe
driving habits?

If somebody wanted to prove that DIR was wrong, then they would need
to find some situation where following the DIR tenents is less safe
than doing it some other way.

Here's one more. Rush Limbaugh in direct opposition to what he has
talked about on the radio all these years is addicted to pain killers.
Does that negate his message? On some level what he has done is
criminal. Does that mean that conservatives as a group are criminals?

Somebody's abilities (or inability) to follow their convictions has
little to do with the validity of those convictions. Those
convictions need to be examined on their own merits.

Jane Fonda going to Hanoi during the Vietnam war does not mean that
opposing the was was bad. Just as the Mai Lai massacre does not mean
that American GI's as a group are bad, or that even being in the war
was bad.

You've got to look deeper.

Kevin Metcalfe
***@yahoo.com
Lee Bell
2003-11-12 01:59:31 UTC
Post by Kevin Metcalfe
If somebody is or claims to be a DIR diver and then does something
that goes against DIR, they at that point in time they are not a DIR
diver.
How about if that somebody is, say George Irvine?

By your rule, the very leaders of the DIR movement, are not DIR. You can't
have it both ways.

Lee
Chandler
2003-11-12 16:30:48 UTC
Post by Lee Bell
Post by Dennis (Icarus)
I thought that if you were DIR, then you're a DIR diver. If you're doing
something non-DIR, then you aren't a DIR diver - no matter what they claim
they are, no matter how much Halcyon gear they have, no matter how many
classes they've taken from MHK or GUE. :-)
That's a rather convenient way to ensure your organization is never wrong.
Lucky for all of us, there are those that won't let something like this
slide. You can't claim to have the best answer for all diving, in all
conditions, and all situations, and then claim that when you screwed up you
weren't being DIR that day.
That one doesn't pass the logic test. (SNIP)
But it results from the equally illogical position originally taken - at
least on this newsgroup - that if you adopted the DIR mindset you would
"never have to say you are sorry".
Dan Volker
2003-11-12 23:59:40 UTC
Post by Lee Bell
Post by Lee Bell
Lucky for all of us, there are those that won't let something like this
slide. You can't claim to have the best answer for all diving, in all
conditions, and all situations, and then claim that when you screwed
up
Post by Lee Bell
you
Post by Lee Bell
weren't being DIR that day.
That one doesn't pass the logic test. (SNIP)
But it results from the equally illogical position originally taken - at
least on this newsgroup - that if you adopted the DIR mindset you would
"never have to say you are sorry".
And just who on rec.scuba was "able" to represent DIR, and implied any such
thing?
I don't believe I ever did. In all likelihood, it was someone like Mike
Gray, having some fun with the NG.

Regards,
Dan V
Dan Bracuk, CTHD

Dan Volker
2003-11-13 11:42:12 UTC
Post by Dan Bracuk, CTHD
:And just who on rec.scuba was "able" to represent DIR, and implied any such
:thing?
Jammer.
Dan Bracuk
Come on.....Jammer transcends this kind of thing. He is a newsgroup god :-)
Regards,
Dan V
chilly
2003-11-13 12:42:53 UTC
Post by Dan Volker
Come on.....Jammer transcends this kind of thing. He is a newsgroup god
:-)

Self-appointed.
Dan Volker
2003-11-13 16:49:20 UTC
Post by chilly
Post by Dan Volker
Come on.....Jammer transcends this kind of thing. He is a newsgroup god
:-)
Self-appointed.
I was thinking of something more along the lines of his being like the Norse
god, Loki.

Dan V
rnf2
2003-11-13 19:19:47 UTC
Post by Dan Volker
Post by chilly
Post by Dan Volker
Come on.....Jammer transcends this kind of thing. He is a newsgroup god
:-)
Self-appointed.
I was thinking of something more along the lines of his being like the Norse
god, Loki.
Dan V
He kills people with mistletoe? is his breath really that bad at christmas?
;)

rhys

Lee Bell
2003-11-13 05:26:23 UTC
Post by Dan Volker
Gray, having some fun with the NG.
I can remember when you were pretty outspoken on the subject, but I don't
think you were ever as bad as some. Pretty much everybody that used to post
that way has left this group for more friendly waters, like techdiver or
quest, placed where the DIR party line is the norm and dissention is not
tolerated. Even at his worst, Mike could never do as much harm as the
zealots did.

Lee
Dan Volker
2003-11-13 11:50:38 UTC
Post by Dan Volker
Gray, having some fun with the NG.
I can remember when you were pretty outspoken on the subject, but I don't
think you were ever as bad as some. Pretty much everybody that used to post
that way has left this group for more friendly waters, like techdiver or
quest, placed where the DIR party line is the norm and dissention is not
tolerated. Even at his worst, Mike could never do as much harm as the
zealots did.
Lee
Without trying to dredge up thousands of old posts, what I used to "attempt"
was to explain what DIR would mean in a specific situation, and usually in
regard to very advanced recreational diving. Certainly my current position
is that a recreational diver who is doing 50 foot deep dives, can have a
long and happy dive life, almost no matter how poor their training is. It
gets proven to me every weekend when I go out on charter boats.
When divers start to do dives of 130feet deep to 170 feet deep, the DIR
ideas become much more important.

I don't recall ever saying anything similar to, "because I am DIR, I'll
never have to say I'm sorry.." this just does not relate to any real DIR
ideas---it relates more to Mike :-)

Regards,
Dan V
Lee Bell
2003-11-13 14:12:09 UTC
Post by Dan Volker
Certainly my current position
is that a recreational diver who is doing 50 foot deep dives, can have a
long and happy dive life, almost no matter how poor their training is.
Back in the bad old days, it was not a training issue, it was almost
entirely about equipment with a smattering of fitness discussions. Back
then, there wasn't a DIR training organization. In the history of the
subject, GUE is a very recent event.
Post by Dan Volker
I don't recall ever saying anything similar to, "because I am DIR, I'll
never have to say I'm sorry.."
I don't recall your saying that either, but I do recall reading it, several
times, in more than one forum.

I do remember hearing you recommend keel weights, an idea whose time has not
come . . . and probably never will. 8^) Know anybody that would like to
have a Halcyon soft keel weight? 8^)
Post by Dan Volker
this just does not relate to any real DIR ideas---it relates more to Mike
:-)

Let us not forget that, just like the DIR side has moderated considerably
over the years, Mike has moderated his stance as well. He didn't have a lot
of choice. He dives with you and me often enough that he has to admit that
at least some elements work. In my personal opinion, the strength of Mike's
attack has always been proportional to the strength of the DIR position he
was countering.

I also can not forget that, once upon a time, for a relatively brief time, I
was something of a DIR zealot myself, at least until I realized that the
individual choices I made in modifying the configuration were the subject of
very pointed criticism by those that thought they knew what was right for
everybody else. When I realized that such things as a computer, a console,
and no crotch strap made me a stroke too, transition to a position of
individual choice that at least considers the DIR configuration options was
easy.

Lee
Chandler
Dan Volker
2003-11-13 16:10:19 UTC
Post by Chandler
{SNIP}>
Post by Dan Volker
I don't recall ever saying anything similar to, "because I am DIR, I'll
never have to say I'm sorry.." this just does not relate to any real DIR
ideas---it relates more to Mike :-)
Regards,
Dan V
Well - have you ever said you were sorry? :) :)
Hmmnnn...I am very sorry, every time I read one of Mike's posts :-) There,

Dan V
mike gray, CID
If it weren't for me, you'd have no one to pick on.
Dan Volker
2003-11-13 16:45:42 UTC
Post by mike gray, CID
Post by Dan Volker
Post by Chandler
{SNIP}>
Post by mike gray, CID
Post by Dan Volker
I said it. :-)
If it weren't for me, you'd have no one to pick on.
I thought the saying went more like..." If it wasn't for lawyers, we
wouldn't need lawyers.." :-)
Regards,
Dan V
mike gray, CID
Yer half right.
Chris Guynn
2003-11-12 17:59:02 UTC
"Kevin Metcalfe" <***@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:***@posting.google.com...
<snip>
Post by Kevin Metcalfe
Does that mean that conservatives as a group are criminals?
That's probably not the best question to ask around here... :-)

C Guynn
Limey Dave
2003-11-10 17:21:53 UTC
Post by Dennis (Icarus)
I thought that if you were DIR, then you're a DIR diver. If you're doing
something non-DIR, then you aren't a DIR diver - no matter what they claim
they are, no matter how much Halcyon gear they have, no matter how many
classes they've taken from MHK or GUE. :-)
That sounds like a cop-out to me.

Dave.
Dennis (Icarus)
2003-11-11 04:02:51 UTC
Post by Limey Dave
Post by Dennis (Icarus)
I thought that if you were DIR, then you're a DIR diver. If you're doing
something non-DIR, then you aren't a DIR diver - no matter what they claim
they are, no matter how much Halcyon gear they have, no matter how many
classes they've taken from MHK or GUE. :-)
That sounds like a cop-out to me.
Really?
If one claims to be X, but acts in a manner contrary to that, then are they
really X?

Dennis
Dave.
Dan Bracuk, CTHD
2003-11-12 03:56:37 UTC
"Dennis \(Icarus\)" <***@ever.invalid> pounded away at his
keyboard resulting in:
:I thought that if you were DIR, then you're a DIR diver. If you're doing
:something non-DIR, then you aren't a DIR diver - no matter what they claim
:they are, no matter how much Halcyon gear they have, no matter how many
:classes they've taken from MHK or GUE. :-)

That pretty much sums it up.

Drew A. Dunn
Morons are everywhere. You found some that fly the DIR flag, so what?
Lee Bell
2003-11-10 03:59:04 UTC
Post by Drew A. Dunn
Post by Lee Bell
Post by Jon C
Improper entries, spears, wetsuit with steel tanks, holding spools in your
hand for storage, improper carrying of doubles. That's not DIR, that much
is obvious ;)
Only if you assume that all DIR divers are DIR all the time. I imagine that
part of bullshark's point is that they aren't. He and I have both seen DIR
divers doing some very non DIR stuff. Quite often, it's a case of do as I
say, not as I do . . . or, perhaps, because somebody that is DIR thought of
it, it's fine. When somebody else came up with it, it's crap.
Morons are everywhere. You found some that fly the DIR flag, so what?
So statements by those who were not there, about whether the described
divers were DIR or not, have no significance.
Drew A. Dunn
2003-11-10 03:37:19 UTC
Post by Lee Bell
Post by Drew A. Dunn
Morons are everywhere. You found some that fly the DIR flag, so what?
So statements by those who were not there, about whether the described
divers were DIR or not, have no significance.
Bullshark run across some bad divers. He recounted the story in witter
manner and I got a few laughs out of it. Personally, that's where my
concern ends.
Dan Bracuk, CTHD
2003-11-12 03:57:17 UTC
"Drew A. Dunn" <***@nospam.alumni.virginia.edu> pounded away at his
keyboard resulting in:
:Morons are everywhere. You found some that fly the DIR flag, so what?

I agree. Finding morons that fly the DIR flag is so common that it's
just no big deal.

Crownfield
2003-11-12 06:09:50 UTC
Post by Dan Bracuk, CTHD
:Morons are everywhere. You found some that fly the DIR flag, so what?
I agree. Finding morons that fly the DIR flag is so common that it's
just no big deal.
finding morons that do not is easy too.
Jon C
2003-11-10 05:34:03 UTC
Post by Lee Bell
Post by Jon C
Improper entries, spears, wetsuit with steel tanks, holding spools in your
hand for storage, improper carrying of doubles. That's not DIR, that much
is obvious ;)
Only if you assume that all DIR divers are DIR all the time. I imagine that
part of bullshark's point is that they aren't. He and I have both seen DIR
divers doing some very non DIR stuff. Quite often, it's a case of do as I
say, not as I do . . . or, perhaps, because somebody that is DIR thought of
it, it's fine. When somebody else came up with it, it's crap.
Lee
He said they were DIR divers, which they were not. He used this impression
to make a blanket statement about DIR divers in general, which is based on
the fact that he thought these divers were DIR, which they were not, by
definition.
bullshark
2003-11-10 14:27:24 UTC
Post by Jon C
He said they were DIR divers, which they were not. He used this impression
to make a blanket statement about DIR divers in general, which is based on
the fact that he thought these divers were DIR, which they were not, by
definition.
As to "facts about what I thought", forgive me, but you have no clue.
I reported observations, not thoughts.
As to whether or not these divers were DIR, you cannot say.
You weren't there, you saw nothing and most importantly you did not ask
the divers what *they* thought the answer was.

It is not I who established the gang colors.

"Buy a Beamer and drive like this..."
"Clothes make the man..."
(and my favorite quote from my favorite B-Law Prof)
"It's a thin piece of paper that doesn't have two sides."

safe diving,

bullshark
Chris Guynn
2003-11-10 17:36:00 UTC
"bullshark" <***@scubadiving.com> wrote in message news:***@4ax.com...

<snip>
Post by bullshark
(and my favorite quote from my favorite B-Law Prof)
"It's a thin piece of paper that doesn't have two sides."
A Moebius <sp/> contract?

C Guynn
NE333RO
2003-11-10 23:02:26 UTC
Post by Chris Guynn
A Moebius <sp/> contract?
How many sides do they have :o)
Lee Bell
2003-11-11 02:37:27 UTC
Post by NE333RO
Post by Chris Guynn
A Moebius <sp/> contract?
How many sides do they have :o)
Only one.
Crownfield
2003-11-11 04:03:34 UTC
Post by Lee Bell
Post by NE333RO
Post by Chris Guynn
A Moebius <sp/> contract?
How many sides do they have :o)
Only one.
and even more interesting,
you can clearly see the left side and the right side,
and there is only one and they are the same.
Chris Guynn
2003-11-11 15:57:10 UTC
Post by NE333RO
Post by Chris Guynn
A Moebius <sp/> contract?
How many sides do they have :o)
Just one... :-)
Chandler
2003-11-10 13:30:12 UTC
Post by Lee Bell
Post by Jon C
Improper entries, spears, wetsuit with steel tanks, holding spools in your
hand for storage, improper carrying of doubles. That's not DIR, that much
is obvious ;)
Only if you assume that all DIR divers are DIR all the time. I imagine that
part of bullshark's point is that they aren't. He and I have both seen DIR
divers doing some very non DIR stuff. Quite often, it's a case of do as I
say, not as I do . . . or, perhaps, because somebody that is DIR thought of
it, it's fine. When somebody else came up with it, it's crap.
Lee
maybe their GUE card expired so they didn't have to be DIR anymore
--
--Chandler --
May Hog be your boatman when you reach the River Styx
Dan Volker
2003-11-13 17:20:29 UTC
Post by Lee Bell
Post by Jon C
Improper entries, spears, wetsuit with steel tanks, holding spools in your
hand for storage, improper carrying of doubles. That's not DIR, that much
is obvious ;)
Only if you assume that all DIR divers are DIR all the time. I imagine that
part of bullshark's point is that they aren't. He and I have both seen DIR
divers doing some very non DIR stuff. Quite often, it's a case of do as I
say, not as I do . . . or, perhaps, because somebody that is DIR thought of
it, it's fine. When somebody else came up with it, it's crap.
Lee
If I am on a 40 foot deep dive in Boynton Beach, with Sandra, I will be
wearing my gear, DIR style, but at best I will be DIR-L ....Sandra won't
follow DIR guidelines when doing photography, and 40 foot dives are so easy
that I can't bring myself to be anal about constant eye contact, and many of
the other "imperatives" we use in DIR for dives which I consider to have
"challenge" to them. If I do a 125 foot deep dive with Sandra, I will
enforce her DIR behavior, and be very DIR myself. If we do a dive like the
hydro, at 175 ft deep, and she is doing photography, then we will be diving
a 3 man buddy team, since a photographer is at best a "dependant buddy", and
can not be truly DIR and take decent pictures at the same time--there is not
enough focus left on the camera subjects.
For anything deeper or more challenging, Sandra would not be diving it, and
I would be buddied with "real" DIR divers, who plan on following all of our
pre-agreed on DIR behaviors.

Part of the DIR mindset is that if you start cutting corners, you will--or
may, get sloppy on the deeper more challenging dives, or at minimum, you
will have less "practice" with pure DIR behavior and gear use. To the
degree that challenging technical dives are a constant part of your diving,
this issue can be important. If you will rarely dive deeper than 60 feet,
the main values in DIR, are just the common sense parts of it, which have
been gleamed from 40 years of diving---some of this you could even get from
guys like Mike gray--the difference is, DIR just puts it in one place where
you can grab all the common sense ideas together, and then use what you
want. For 98% of rec.scuba participants, that's really all it should be
about.

The George bashing that Karl and others are enjoying, and the constant DIR
slurs, are really just attacks at common sense---and it would seem that
these guys just don't like common sense :-)

Dan V
Limey Dave
2003-11-10 17:21:52 UTC
Post by bullshark
DIR divers are very impressive. The impression is indelible.
Beautiful!
I just pee'd all over my neoprene cammy house slippers.

Dave.
JCACTION
2003-11-11 19:03:42 UTC
Well, well, well, I just had to make an appearance here in order to
clarify and at the same time make a few points of my own. There is
nothing like having an opinion with nobody to rebut it is there
BULLSHARK? Or is it Bullshit!

With that said, I am the (sissy) in the blue camo suit and I
definitely want to address your comments. I will start off by saying
that if youre not man enough to say something on the boat that youre
not pleased with, then youre not a real man and maybe the sissy
comment really applies to you. I am NOT DIR never have been and never
will be. I am however a serious hunter and that is something I am very
proud of. In reading your post I found lots of embellishing which is
typical of people like you. Here goes......

1. I dive steel tanks and wear a camo wetsuit. If you understood
anything about spearfishing, you would know that the camo suit breaks
up your profile in the water and therefore is more of a fish attractor
than a disguise. But then again, when hunters go hunting you always
see them wear what???? CAMO you JERK! Because I have been spearfishing
since I was 7 and have 32 tournament wins under my belt in freediving,
I would not expect you to understand this. However, I encourage you to
talk to excel, picasso, omer and other companies who specialize in
spearfishing and they may be better able to explain to you why a camo
suit works. I will not omit the opportunity to say that I at least
look pretty damn good in my camo suit while if you are the guy who I
think you are, you really would not look good in any wetsuit being the
fat manatee looking creature that you are. By the way, I hear GOOD
YEAR makes a suit that may fit you.

2. You spoke about some of my friends using HID lights. Any problem
with that??? They were looking for lobster you idiot. Dont be upset
just because you cant afford a $1,500 light. You need to LIGHTEN UP!

3. Are you sure you are a diver and not a relative of Siskel the
critic? My you have incredible observation skills. You even noticed a
guy talking on the phone 15 minutes before leave time. Is this a
problem for you??? The guy is a Doctor for the VA and a very good one
I might add. He was on the phone with the hospital, his girlfriend was
on the phone too, she is the same as he is! But that you would notice
such uneventful things makes me think you are a very grouchy and
unhappy human being.

4.You also mention affective weight distribution and how the guy in
the camo suit with his multi pocket wetsuit and cinch the crotch strap
just below my sternum. ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR wrong fatso. Como suits dont
have pockets, I dont need a weight belt and I always have my belt
waist high so I can attach my stringer to it. The difference with you
and I is that I have pictures in full gear, I have pictures under
water and I have videos of myself diving. I will gladly post them to
see how much critiquing you can do then. You are just a flat out liar
and doing it without me present makes me want to put my stringer
through your eyes, sorry your head is to fat and would not fit on my
stringer so I take that back. However, I am willing to post anything
that anyone here may want to see regarding how I wear my rig. I do use
halcyon not because I am DIR you idiot but because the hose
configuration and backplate is very streamline and helps me with my
spearfishing. I have no hoses or consoles hanging all over the place
like you do. I simply wear a backplate, no weight, my suit, fins and
mask. My computer is on my arm therefore what the hell is it your
talking about extra equipment ???? Please manatee man go get a
haircut.

5.You also mention a buddy of mine who did have a speargun which you
claim was over 5 feet long! It is only a riffe gun wiht 3 bands which
are very popular for those that can afford it. As for your comments
about him leaving his finger spool behind, let me just tell you the
reality of that situation. The boat had dive flags with those crappy
yellow line holders and he simply did what he always does on a good
boat, he did not want to mess with the yellow hanger and so he
intended to attach his spool to the flag and use that instead. He
would take that and clip it to his d ring. Only one problem, the dive
flag is such a piece of work that there is no way to attach his line
to it so he laid his spool down and was forced to use the yellow line
holder which of course youre very comfy with. Yes, he may have left it
behind and had it handed to him. He is an excellent diver and on the
way down he probably stuck it in his pocket. he doesnt carry a spool
on a dring unless hes using it JERKY.

About the rest of your comments and the other friends that were there,
I will leave it up to them to either address you or ignore you. At
this point I think they will probably ignore you, and by the way, the
guy saying he had the dive tables in his head really does have the
tables in his head, yeah hes the doctor who was on the phone too. You
on the other hand need your little puter to tell you what to do as
most of us do. He can dive and does dive without one because he does
have it all in his head. Then again, he is a doctor, you know? A
person used to harder things than rememebering a dive table.

Finally and this is the fun part, you admitted I got a nice hog!!!!
You call that a nice hog???? I call that a piece of garbage. I was not
displaying it in the center of the boat I was trying to see if the
boat had a cooler you idiot. There was none so I did not dispose of
the fish until the guy next to me told me it was ok to put the fish in
his lobster bucket. Whenver you shoot a fish, you string him through
the eyes and keep him alive as long as possible unless there is ice to
put him in. what would you have me do, put him in your ass??? That
would have killed him instantly. Most dive operations have a place to
store fish and I was asking if they had one or not. Displaying my nice
hog is what you wrote. Pal, if you ever want to see nice fish, come
dive with me or let me email you some pictures of real fish. Matter of
fact, I gave the "NICE" hog away because he was too small for my taste
and by the way, I did not know the resident bullshark is yours and
only yours. However, I have dealt with many bulls, tigers, dusky, reef
and blues in 33 years of diving, theres not a whole hell of a lot that
bull can ever do to scare me. Especially when I carry a powerhead.
Like I said before, I am not and never will be DIR I am simply an avid
spearfisherman and unlike you, I can prove what I claim. I dont need
weights because I have perfect trim and bouyancy. I am not like you
who needs 20 pounds of lead. I wear a camo suit because like thousands
of other spearfishermen who are serious about it will tell you, it
simply works. Now if that makes me a sissy, all I cna respond to that
is this.... Introduce me to your wife and let her come back if she
decides to come back to you and she will tell you whether I am a sissy
or not. Finally, I do have a big speargun and you know what? I am so
proud of that gun because it was hand made by a legend in the sport of
spearfishing who's name is william Kitto. I also have guns that are
hand crafted by the likes of Daryl Wong who is also a personal friend
of mine and another legend in the spearfishing sport. Now, if any of
the readers are interested, I can ask daryl wong himself to explain
the differences of a stupid biller gun and a hand made, enlclosed
track balanced gun. Dont blame me for having the right equipment which
you have never seen. Worse yet, dont criticise someone you dont know
without giving them the opportunity to defend themselves from your
lies. In reading your post, the one glaring thing that just jumps out
at me is this... You are not a man because you lie about things in
order to make yourself look better. You criticize everyone which means
you have serious inner self esteem issues and finally, you just are an
envious human being who has no balls and no spine. If you did, you
would have responded to the private email i sent you along with
pictures of real fish.

With this said, I dare you to respond, I further dare you to meet me
and call me a sissy but remember to bring your wife and I also dare
you to be a man and apologize. Any of those options works for me. I
dont know about your wife though, if you are who you think you are,
your wife needs a brromstick instead of a tank. Why dont you choose
and option fat man, stop trying to look younger by dying that brillo
pad you call hair and cut the little pony tail, that went out years
ago. See, theres always two sides to every story. Now its all up to
you how this ends up. I know you go to fill express all the time and I
know who you are so let me just tell you that when I see you I will
humiliate you. No matter what. If you bother me too much I will also
slap your wife's face with my ding dong. I also invite anyone that
goes to fill express to look at their photo album and see my
spearfishing pictures. I walk the walk and back it up. I promise you
fat boy I will embarass you and bring out the real you in front of
others no matter what I do!!! Enough said....any comments???
chilly
2003-11-11 20:05:42 UTC
"JCACTION" <***@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:***@posting.google.com...

(snip ranting and raving and threats of sexual abuse)

Well, you proved he was right about you being some kind of ijit.
JCACTION
2003-11-11 23:39:34 UTC
Well, thanks for the compliment my man!!! great spelling I love it when a
drunk tries to taunt me!
Scott
2003-11-11 23:39:35 UTC
Post by chilly
(snip ranting and raving and threats of sexual abuse)
Well, you proved he was right about you being some kind of ijit.
I was wondering who and when someone would take Blacks place as the village
idiot, and now we have two.

Brewster and action.
rnf2
2003-11-11 23:53:36 UTC
Post by JCACTION
Post by chilly
(snip ranting and raving and threats of sexual abuse)
Well, you proved he was right about you being some kind of ijit.
Well, thanks for the compliment my man!!! great spelling I love it when a
drunk tries to taunt me!
Stupid top post shifted to where it should go.

And you really don't get sarcasm do you? geeze, you must be as thick as two
short planks.

rhys
chilly
Not to mention that he's the second guy this week to get me wrong.
Lee Bell
2003-11-12 01:49:40 UTC
You man, is a woman. If you'd bothered to look around a bit before shooting
your mouth off here, you might have known that.
--
The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4
people make up 75% of the population.
chilly
2003-11-12 02:01:38 UTC
Post by Lee Bell
You man, is a woman. If you'd bothered to look around a bit before shooting
your mouth off here, you might have known that.
Not to mention the fact that he thinks I unintentionally mispelled "idiot".
What an ijit is this blue cammo wearing child.

Myself, I've found that I can sneak up on fish without wearing cammo.
Steve Kramer
2003-11-13 00:56:49 UTC
Post by chilly
Myself, I've found that I can sneak up on fish without wearing cammo.
This conjures up some great "Far Side" cartoon visual imagery... Thanks!

Steve Kramer
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Five years, two months, three weeks, one day, 12 hours, 56 minutes and 0
seconds. 57286 cigarettes not smoked, saving $17,185.85. Time used for a
better purpose: 28 weeks, 2 days, 21 hours, 50 minutes.
--
"The voyage of discovery lies not in seeking new horizons,
but in seeing with new eyes." - Marcel Proust
chilly
2003-11-12 18:55:33 UTC
Post by Steve Kramer
Post by chilly
Myself, I've found that I can sneak up on fish without wearing cammo.
This conjures up some great "Far Side" cartoon visual imagery... Thanks!
I thought you said you didn't read these kinds of threads?

Regardless, let me just say that about that . . . You're welcome. :^)
Dazed and Confuzed
2003-11-12 05:05:35 UTC
Post by chilly
(snip ranting and raving and threats of sexual abuse)
Well, you proved he was right about you being some kind of ijit.
thus proving what an idjit you really are.

An amateur built the ark ....professionals built the Titanic.
Lee Bell
2003-11-11 21:58:35 UTC
Post by JCACTION
Well, well, well, I just had to make an appearance here in order to
clarify and at the same time make a few points of my own.
You points would carry more weight if they came with a name. Funny you
would consider somebody else a sissy while hiding behind an anonymous
address.
Post by JCACTION
fat manatee looking creature that you are. By the way, I hear GOOD
YEAR makes a suit that may fit you.
Nope, wrong guy. bullshark is not fat.
Post by JCACTION
2. You spoke about some of my friends using HID lights. Any problem
with that??? They were looking for lobster you idiot. Dont be upset
just because you cant afford a $1,500 light. You need to LIGHTEN UP!
I have a problem with it. It's what is known as "farm animal stupid."
You've heard that term before, right? Why would anybody carry something
that large just to look in a few holes in clear daylit water.
Post by JCACTION
Are you sure you are a diver and not a relative of Siskel the
critic?
I'm sure he's a diver.
Post by JCACTION
You even noticed a guy talking on the phone 15 minutes before leave time.
Is this a
Post by JCACTION
problem for you???
It is when the boat is held up for that person.
Post by JCACTION
Como suits dont have pockets , , ,
Some do, some don't.
Post by JCACTION
I will gladly post them to see how much critiquing you can do then.
Go for it . . . if you dare.
Post by JCACTION
I do use halcyon not because I am DIR you idiot but because the hose
configuration and backplate is very streamline and helps me with my
spearfishing. I have no hoses or consoles hanging all over the place
like you do.
Wrong guy again. bullshark is quite squared away when diving.
Post by JCACTION
He would take that and clip it to his d ring.
He was going to attach his line to the flag and then clip it off to one of
his D rings? Not a great idea in S. Florida where the number of boat
operators outnumbers the number of competent captains by about 5 to 1.
Post by JCACTION
to it so he laid his spool down and was forced to use the yellow line
holder which of course youre very comfy with.
You mean the one that several thousand divers a year have no problem with?
Post by JCACTION
Finally and this is the fun part, you admitted I got a nice hog!!!!
You call that a nice hog???? I call that a piece of garbage. I was not
displaying it in the center of the boat I was trying to see if the
boat had a cooler you idiot.
As one spearfisherman to another, I just have to ask. If it was such a
piece of garbage, why did you kill it? I don't know how big the fish was,
but if it was like most I see in near shore waters, it wasn't particularly
big, probably less than 2 feet. Too bad you didn't let it live to grow
bigger. It might have made a nice dinner for somebody, some day.
Post by JCACTION
Whenver you shoot a fish, you string him through
the eyes and keep him alive as long as possible unless there is ice to
put him in.
I string them through the eyes too, but not to keep them alive. When the
stringer goes through, the fish quits struggling. I have enough problem
with sharks while spearfishing without having a convulsing fish attached to
me too.
Post by JCACTION
Matter of fact, I gave the "NICE" hog away because he was too small for my
taste

So you killed two small hogs?
Post by JCACTION
However, I have dealt with many bulls, tigers, dusky, reef
and blues in 33 years of diving, theres not a whole hell of a lot that
bull can ever do to scare me.
Then you really are farm animal stupid.
Post by JCACTION
Introduce me to your wife and let her come back if she
decides to come back to you and she will tell you whether I am a sissy
or not.
She's probably a better diver than you as well.
Post by JCACTION
Worse yet, dont criticise someone you dont know
without giving them the opportunity to defend themselves from your
lies.
Seems to me, you had plenty of opportunity, even if you aren't brave enough
to put your name to it.

Lee
JCACTION
2003-11-11 23:43:57 UTC
I would not waste my tame writing to your absurd comments. The only thing I
can say is your obviously not a good diver and a definite ass kisser. but
one thing little man, i never hide my name is JC and you can call me or
email me and lets compare notes or do I have to slap your face with my dick
too. Why would you go and try to make some bullshit up if you were not there
prick!
camo suits with pockets????? LOL LOL LO LLOL LOL shea right!!!!

youre a spearfisherman???? show me some fish lets exchange notes honest come
on be a man.
Lee
Scott
2003-11-11 23:48:00 UTC
Besides being an ignorant punk, you're a liar too.
chilly
2003-11-12 01:38:37 UTC
You are a man?! You act like a child.
Chandler
2003-11-12 04:28:33 UTC
Ya got your dick out so much you probably need those pockets. Its
detachable, right?

top posted because what follows ain't worth reading
Post by JCACTION
You even noticed a guy talking on the phone 15 minutes before leave
time.
Post by Lee Bell
Is this a
Post by JCACTION
Whenver you shoot a fish, you string him through
the eyes and keep him alive as long as possible unless there is ice to
put him in.
I string them through the eyes too, but not to keep them alive. When the
stringer goes through, the fish quits struggling. I have enough problem
with sharks while spearfishing without having a convulsing fish attached
Post by Lee Bell
me too.
Post by JCACTION
Matter of fact, I gave the "NICE" hog away because he was too small for
my
Post by Lee Bell
taste
So you killed two small hogs?
Post by JCACTION
Worse yet, dont criticise someone you dont know
without giving them the opportunity to defend themselves from your
lies.
Seems to me, you had plenty of opportunity, even if you aren't brave
enough
Post by Lee Bell
to put your name to it.
Lee
Crownfield
2003-11-12 06:20:23 UTC
Post by JCACTION
I would not waste my tame writing to your absurd comments. The only thing I
can say is your obviously not a good diver and a definite ass kisser. but
one thing little man, i never hide my name is JC and you can call me or
email me and lets compare notes or do I have to slap your face with my dick
too. Why would you go and try to make some bullshit up if you were not there
prick!
camo suits with pockets????? LOL LOL LO LLOL LOL shea right!!!!
___________________
/| /| | |
||__|| | Please do |
/ O O\__ NOT |
/ \ feed the |
/ \ \ the trolls |
/ _ \ \ _______________|
/ |\____\ \ ||
/ | | | |\____/ ||
/ \|_|_|/ | __||
/ / \ |____| ||
/ | | /| | --|
| | |// |____ --|
* _ | |_|_|_| | \-/
*-- _--\ _ \ // |
/ _ \\ _ // | /
* / \_ /- | - | |
* ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________

(Keith Lawrence, 1999)
Post by JCACTION
You even noticed a guy talking on the phone 15 minutes before leave
time.
Post by Lee Bell
Is this a
Post by JCACTION
Whenver you shoot a fish, you string him through
the eyes and keep him alive as long as possible unless there is ice to
put him in.
I string them through the eyes too, but not to keep them alive. When the
stringer goes through, the fish quits struggling. I have enough problem
with sharks while spearfishing without having a convulsing fish attached
Post by Lee Bell
me too.
Post by JCACTION
Matter of fact, I gave the "NICE" hog away because he was too small for
my
Post by Lee Bell
taste
So you killed two small hogs?
Post by JCACTION
Worse yet, dont criticise someone you dont know
without giving them the opportunity to defend themselves from your
lies.
Seems to me, you had plenty of opportunity, even if you aren't brave
enough
Post by Lee Bell
to put your name to it.
Lee
Lee Bell
2003-11-12 17:53:31 UTC
Lee Bell, CID
Post by JCACTION
I would not waste my tame writing to your absurd comments. The only thing I
can say is your obviously not a good diver and a definite ass kisser. but
one thing little man, i never hide my name is JC and you can call me or
email me and lets compare notes or do I have to slap your face with my dick
too. Why would you go and try to make some bullshit up if you were not there
prick!
camo suits with pockets????? LOL LOL LO LLOL LOL shea right!!!!
youre a spearfisherman???? show me some fish lets exchange notes honest come
on be a man.
OK, you got your picture. Your turn.

Lee
"Grumman-581" @houston.rr.com>
2003-11-12 02:24:40 UTC
"Lee Bell" wrote ...
Post by Lee Bell
Why would anybody carry something
that large just to look in a few holes in
clear daylit water.
Well, Lee, being from the south, you're surely familiar with the hunting
term / endeavor practiced by certain people called "spotlighting", right?
He we just spotlighting bugs... <grin>
Lee Bell
2003-11-12 05:20:26 UTC
Being from the south, you're surely familiar with the hunting
term / endeavor practiced by certain people called "spotlighting", right?
He we just spotlighting bugs... <grin>
I'm familiar with the term, but it's normally done at night and does not
involve lights powerful enough to cook the prey on the spot.

Lee
John Francis CID
2003-11-12 13:01:46 UTC
On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 05:20:26 GMT, "Lee Bell"
Post by Lee Bell
Being from the south, you're surely familiar with the hunting
term / endeavor practiced by certain people called "spotlighting", right?
He we just spotlighting bugs... <grin>
I'm familiar with the term, but it's normally done at night and does not
involve lights powerful enough to cook the prey on the spot.
Lee
Hey! It's the modern age. You can now have takeout lobster delivered
steaming to your dive boat.

- Andrew Jackson (1767-1845)
Grumman-581
2003-11-12 15:21:51 UTC
Post by Lee Bell
I'm familiar with the term, but it's normally done at night and does not
involve lights powerful enough to cook the prey on the spot.
Perhaps he's perfected a way to cook 'em and eat 'em without
surfacing? Those damn geothermal vents just never are around when you
need 'em...
Jerome O'Neil
2003-11-11 22:33:04 UTC
Post by JCACTION
Enough said....any comments???
Do you really wear a cammo wetsuit?

Dork!

Submergo ergo sum
JCACTION
2003-11-11 23:45:01 UTC
Well Jerome, I am a dork????? Coming from someone with this kind of keen
insight, I feel complimented.
Submergo ergo sum
Scott
2003-11-11 23:48:25 UTC
Post by JCACTION
Well Jerome, I am a dork????? Coming from someone with this kind of keen
insight, I feel complimented.
Life, no parole.

<plonk>
JCACTION
2003-11-12 00:32:56 UTC
I have never in my life seen a more backwards bunch of rednecks scumsucking
tobacco chewing inbreeding bunch of loosers in my life. We shall see what
happens when I meet up with the little bitch bullshark or should i say again
bullshit at fill express. he will only come and make a public apology to me
and thats all that i will accept. as for the rest of you, my beef is not
with you, i dont know any of you but from your comments without any basis,
my above confirmation is clearly correct.

MR. Bullshark and I WILL meet and I guess he knows by now that if he doesnt
get a haircut by the time i see him, I will scalp his old raggedy fat bitch
ass just to prove to you boys theres a new sherriff in town and his name is
JCACTION so any of you wishing to make comments, feel free to contact me
directly and I WILL COME GET YOU face to face and we can further discuss
your ideas about me or any of my friends.....Lets see, who wants to go
first??? somebody give me a reason to beat the living fuck out of you!!!!
Please please someone gimme a call!!!!

Bullshit, I will see you soon my man, and please shave your wifes back for
me, i dont want hair all over me after I tap that AZZ!
<plonk>
Kimber
2003-11-12 01:47:25 UTC
Post by JCACTION
Bullshit, I will see you soon my man, and please shave your wifes back for
me, i dont want hair all over me after I tap that AZZ!
If I didn't see Hog dead with my own very eyes --- I would think this was a
sockpuppet of his....

And I know he can't be reincarnated so quickly.

...looking over at the ashes of Hog on the bedside table....

Kimber
Dennis (Icarus)

Kimber
rnf2
2003-11-12 09:35:45 UTC
Post by Dennis (Icarus)
Post by Kimber
sockpuppet of his....
And I know he can't be reincarnated so quickly.
Channeling?
Dennis
Nah, From what I know of that, (re-runs of ghostbusters) thered be so much
exoplasmic goo over the keyboard the computer would have fried itself before
the first sentance was completed.
;)

rhys
John Francis CID
2003-11-12 13:05:42 UTC
Post by rnf2
Nah, From what I know of that, (re-runs of ghostbusters) thered be so much
exoplasmic goo over the keyboard the computer would have fried itself before
the first sentance was completed.
;)
Hmmm. From the way I remember Mick going on about Kimber, that
wouldn't likely be ectoplasmic goo all over his keyboard. Sorry
Kimber, I couldn't resist. No disrespect meant. 8)

- Andrew Jackson (1767-1845)
Kimber
2003-11-12 19:38:09 UTC
Post by John Francis CID
Hmmm. From the way I remember Mick going on about Kimber, that
wouldn't likely be ectoplasmic goo all over his keyboard. Sorry
Kimber, I couldn't resist. No disrespect meant. 8)
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KEYBOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kimber -- still laughing and *blushing*
Jerome's Sock Puppet
2003-11-12 03:07:05 UTC
Post by JCACTION
I have never in my life seen a more backwards bunch of rednecks scumsucking
tobacco chewing inbreeding bunch of loosers in my life. We shall see what
happens when I meet up with the little bitch bullshark or should i say again
bullshit at fill express.
My money says he kicks your ass and feeds you to the hogs.

Submergo ergo sum
JCACTION
2003-11-13 03:56:29 UTC
Ummm well we will just have to see wont we, I just want to remind mr.
BULLSHIT that the more you asslickers write, the worse it will be for him.
Feed me to the hogs huh???? Hey BULLSHIT., I had no idea that your family
descended from HOGS but this tidbit of information explains alot about how
you look
Submergo ergo sum
Dazed and Confuzed
2003-11-13 05:06:36 UTC
Post by JCACTION
bullshit at fill express.
My money says he kicks your ass and feeds you to the hogs.
--
Submergo ergo sum
yer an awfully bad dude from behind the keyboard, aren't you?

An amateur built the ark ....professionals built the Titanic.
Jerome's Sock Puppet
2003-11-13 04:29:28 UTC
Post by Dazed and Confuzed
yer an awfully bad dude from behind the keyboard, aren't you?
He's got more e-muscle than anyone I've ever seen!

Submergo ergo sum
JCACTION
2003-11-13 05:29:49 UTC
Hark, do i hear an invitation to meet???? COME ON JUST TELL ME WHERE ID LOVE
TO CHAT FACE TO FACE
Submergo ergo sum
Scott
2003-11-13 16:37:32 UTC
Post by Jerome's Sock Puppet
Post by Dazed and Confuzed
yer an awfully bad dude from behind the keyboard, aren't you?
He's got more e-muscle than anyone I've ever seen!
He hit my killfile faster than Brewster, and I think that might be some kind
of record.

$10 on Bullshark.
Chandler
2003-11-12 04:17:58 UTC
Post by JCACTION
my above confirmation is clearly correct.
thought that happened in church - not in rec.scuba
JCACTION
2003-11-13 03:58:29 UTC
I would be happy to give you a nice big slap with my dick in church, at your
pastor's house, at your KKK meeting or anywhere else where you like
confirmation of my shlong being big enough to knock you senseless.
Drew A. Dunn
2003-11-13 05:16:37 UTC
My, my... what do we have here?
Crownfield

we could tell by his behavior.
Matthias Voss
2003-11-13 07:56:55 UTC
Post by Drew A. Dunn
Post by JCACTION
I would be happy to give you a nice big slap with my dick in church, at your
pastor's house, at your KKK meeting or anywhere else where you like
confirmation of my shlong being big enough to knock you senseless.
My, my... what do we have here?
A blatant case of e-nabolica abuse ?

Matthias
chilly
2003-11-13 08:01:48 UTC
Erm, what's that mean to you?
Matthias Voss
2003-11-13 15:10:04 UTC
Post by chilly
Post by Matthias Voss
Post by Drew A. Dunn
My, my... what do we have here?
A blatant case of e-nabolica abuse ?
Erm, what's that mean to you?
Certain a-nabolica not only make muscles swell, but do damage to the
brain.

E-nabolica apparently used by JCACTION are as well designed to make
something swell, but the damage to the brain is beforehand.
I suggest he use his full first name jackoffaction, or his family name
LCBRAIN ( to leave room for some imaginative alliteration I left the
abbreviation ;-)

Matthias
Chandler
A big dick????
Chandler
2003-11-12 04:20:53 UTC
Post by Scott
Post by JCACTION
insight, I feel complimented.
Life, no parole.
<plonk>
You are the guy that hangs out with docs from the VA? Are you one of
their experiments?
JCACTION
2003-11-13 04:02:38 UTC
Actually I met the doc from the VA when they had your dad in there for
hysteria and they called me, THE SHERIFF to see if I could calm him down. He
was not hysterical after all, it was a bottle stuck in his ass that was
bothering him and he could not explain it. Then he went on to say "SHERIFF"
would you please help my son Joey Chandler he tried this same thing but
instead of a bottle, used a Gerbil but since he skipped out on the draft,
the VA wont see him. Please SHERIFF JC I dont want a gerbil inside my sons
ass, that would make two rodents in one cumshot from me on that biatch he
calls mom!!!
Crownfield
2003-11-12 06:22:34 UTC
JCACTION wrote:
___________________
/| /| | |
||__|| | Please do |
/ O O\__ NOT |
/ \ feed the |
/ \ \ the trolls |
/ _ \ \ _______________|
/ |\____\ \ ||
/ | | | |\____/ ||
/ \|_|_|/ | __||
/ / \ |____| ||
/ | | /| | --|
| | |// |____ --|
* _ | |_|_|_| | \-/
*-- _--\ _ \ // |
/ _ \\ _ // | /
* / \_ /- | - | |
* ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________

(Keith Lawrence, 1999)
JCACTION
2003-11-13 04:04:19 UTC
Hey thanks for painting this. It brings to my mind the image of BULLSHITS
after im done with his hag of a wife. The only difference is that I need the
sign to read........ PLEASE HUN COME BACK. ILL SHAVE YOU DAILY!!!!!
Post by Crownfield
___________________
/| /| | |
||__|| | Please do |
/ O O\__ NOT |
/ \ feed the |
/ \ \ the trolls |
/ _ \ \ _______________|
/ |\____\ \ ||
/ | | | |\____/ ||
/ \|_|_|/ | __||
/ / \ |____| ||
/ | | /| | --|
| | |// |____ --|
* _ | |_|_|_| | \-/
*-- _--\ _ \ // |
/ _ \\ _ // | /
* / \_ /- | - | |
* ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________
(Keith Lawrence, 1999)
mike gray, CID
2003-11-12 13:52:02 UTC
And you fit right in.
JCACTION
2003-11-13 04:05:45 UTC
No I cant fit in, but you remember what I keep stressing here, as you ass
lickers keep trying to get on my good side, all I can say is that it will
all be landing on BULLSHIT and his WITCHY WOMAN
And you fit right in.
Chris Guynn
Hmmm.. threats on a newsgroup... Hey Greg, isn't that actionable?
JCACTION
2003-11-13 04:07:22 UTC
Technically a threat is to cause bodily harm to someone or their property. I
cant really beat the shit out of anybody when they are already a piece of
shit, most I can do is reorganize the turd!!!
rnf2
2003-11-12 19:33:15 UTC
Welcome to the family Brother!
JCACTION
2003-11-13 04:09:43 UTC
Thanks for making me feel at home dude, I really appreciate it as long as
you understand that i am and always will be the SHERIFF of recsville and its
time to replace these wacos from places that dont even have ocean to dive in
and just sit on the computer and talk about diving but never actually
dive.....Hey do you get DSL in that trailer or are you plugged in to my line
illegally???
Jerome's Sock Puppet
2003-11-12 03:05:21 UTC
Post by JCACTION
Well Jerome, I am a dork?????
Clearly. Camo wet suit. That's classic.

But wait, there's more!

Deliberately shooting undersized animals. That's responsible hunting.

Can't manage a spool. That's pure strokery. (No offense to Team Stroke, of
course.)

1500 HIDs. That's making up for small peckers.

But the cammo, man. That is the topper.

We'll be sure to talk about you a lot after you're gone.
Post by JCACTION
Coming from someone with this kind of keen insight, I feel complimented.
Well you aught to feel down right special, now, eh?

Submergo ergo sum
JCACTION
2003-11-13 04:14:12 UTC
Awww sorry to dissappoint even BULLSHIT himself, the master of bad
observation claimed it was a nice hog, my point was that the hog was small
for me while you might have thought he was nice. One mans dinner is anothers
desert, Like in the case where I will frost the face of Bullshit's wife with
some very creamy stuff. Are you from canada Jerome???? That eh ? at the end
of your sentence made me think that. However, if youre just faggoty and like
to use the term EH? then, I can save a little squirt of the same cream just
for you my man, yummmy!!! Come on jerome, do you like cream on your face???
EH????
Submergo ergo sum
Jerome's Sock Puppet
2003-11-13 04:41:24 UTC
That eh ? at the end of your sentence made me think that. However, if
youre just faggoty and like
to use the term EH? then, I can save a little squirt of the same cream just
for you my man, yummmy!!! Come on jerome, do you like cream on your face???
EH????
I think it's nice you've decided to out yourself in this public fourm, sweet
heart. It shows what a progressive group of people we all are. Trade your
cammo in for a rainbow striped wetsuit, and fly your freak flag high!

Your doctor friend doesn't happen to wear his SPG out his ass, does he?

Submergo ergo sum
JCACTION
2003-11-13 05:37:17 UTC
Sorry Jerry, The only defense you have against the impact of my logic is
stupidity and that my man you have plenty of!!!
I am all man and since I know that I am very secure in squirting in your
eye. Hell, you probably look better than your inbred family girls so sure
Ill squirt one shot on ya little buddy what are you about a buck forty? 5
foot 3 or 5? yeah I can shoot a rope right in your eye as I stand 6'1" and
surely you coming out of the closet so clearly would enjoy a little goo in
the eye from the sherriff!!!
Submergo ergo sum
Chandler
Submergo ergo sum
mike gray, CID
2003-11-12 00:35:55 UTC
(snip)

I like yer calm incisive retort. Yer self control reflects yer great
blue hunter status.

But ya really don't need a $1500 light to chase the bugs back into their
holes. Sell the light and give me a third for bugging lessons.
JCACTION
Crownfield

Drew A. Dunn
Sorry but he kinda ransacked the pantry!
Lee Bell
2003-11-13 13:50:05 UTC
I dont use a light faggot . . .
You prefer a heavy one?
mike gray, CID
2003-11-12 13:56:27 UTC
Post by mike gray, CID
(snip)
I like yer calm incisive retort. Yer self control reflects yer great
blue hunter status.
But ya really don't need a $1500 light to chase the bugs back into their
holes. Sell the light and give me a third for bugging lessons.
Oh, and two more tips:

1. Don't top post.

2. Don't show hostility and anger when hunting, the prey can sense it.

And what's yer fascination with everyone's ass?
JCACTION
chilly
2003-11-12 01:44:40 UTC
Post by mike gray, CID
(snip)
I like yer calm incisive retort. Yer self control reflects yer great
blue hunter status.
But ya really don't need a $1500 light to chase the bugs back into their
holes. Sell the light and give me a third for bugging lessons.
Geez, Mike, you aren't really going to show this guy how you can sneak up on
3 bugs and capture them without a tickler or a bag, are ya?
mike gray, CID
Could this be the same twit that came up behind us that day?
chilly
Now that you mention it . . . he was wearing cammo . . .
Dan Bracuk, CTHD
2003-11-13 01:12:39 UTC
"chilly" <***@shaw.canada> pounded away at his keyboard resulting
in:
:Now that you mention it . . . he was wearing cammo . . .

Then how did you see him?

JCACTION
JCACTION
2003-11-13 04:19:21 UTC
Well of course he can sneak up on a bug and catch it with his bear
hands.....He is always yankin on BULLSHITS bug from what ive read and so do
you. By the way, did you get that name because of the type of farts you cut
in church?
JCACTION
2003-11-13 04:15:39 UTC
I wish you would get out of the alzheimer meds dude, I dont carry a light
and I dont bug, but I will gladly have my buddy shove his light up your ass
and see your cheeks glow!!! come on wanna try it???
Drew A. Dunn
2003-11-13 05:19:21 UTC
Go for it. But be I should warn you that I had mexican for dinner...
Dan Bracuk, CTHD
2003-11-12 03:58:40 UTC
***@bellsouth.net (JCACTION) pounded away at his keyboard
resulting in:
: I am NOT DIR never have been and never
:will be.

Welcome to Team Stroke JC. Good to have you aboard.

JCACTION
Dan Bracuk, CTHD
2003-11-12 03:59:46 UTC
***@bellsouth.net (JCACTION) pounded away at his keyboard
resulting in:
:3. Are you sure you are a diver and not a relative of Siskel the
:critic? My you have incredible observation skills. You even noticed a
:guy talking on the phone 15 minutes before leave time. Is this a
:problem for you??? The guy is a Doctor for the VA and a very good one
:I might add. He was on the phone with the hospital, his girlfriend was
:on the phone too, she is the same as he is! But that you would notice
:such uneventful things makes me think you are a very grouchy and
:unhappy human being.

You think he's grouchy - I would have asked if they were talking to
each other.

JCACTION
Dan Bracuk
2003-11-12 07:38:48 UTC
"JCACTION" wrote
: 3. Are you sure you are a diver and not a relative of Siskel the
: critic? My you have incredible observation skills. You even noticed a
: guy talking on the phone 15 minutes before leave time. Is this a
: problem for you??? The guy is a Doctor for the VA and a very good one
: I might add. He was on the phone with the hospital, his girlfriend was
: on the phone too, she is the same as he is! But that you would notice
: such uneventful things makes me think you are a very grouchy and
: unhappy human being.

Having looked at the timings again, if their phone calls delayed the boat,
they are both very rude. There is no reason that they should have made all
the other passengers wait for their phone calls. Being a doctor is no
excuse.

H. Huntzinger
2003-11-12 11:56:08 UTC
Post by Dan Bracuk
Having looked at the timings again, if their phone calls delayed the boat,
they are both very rude. There is no reason that they should have made all
the other passengers wait for their phone calls. Being a doctor is no
excuse.
I agree.

Furthermore, if the alleged MD's call really was that important, the
proper response is to wave off the boat and tell them that he'll
retrieve his gear after they get back.

If <***@bellsouth.net> wants to defend their rude actions, that's
his perrogative...it just means he doesn't know what proper manners are
either.

Besides, if it was just a ~2 minute phone call, they could have done
this from the boat as it got underway: celluar reception is not lost as
soon as you're 10ft off the dock...

-hh
John Francis CID
2003-11-12 13:10:09 UTC
On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 06:56:08 -0500, " H. Huntzinger"
Post by H. Huntzinger
Besides, if it was just a ~2 minute phone call, they could have done
this from the boat as it got underway: celluar reception is not lost as
soon as you're 10ft off the dock...
I dunno about you, but I always defer to a doctor in camo with a 5'
speargun, especially when he has armed chick backup. Ya never know, it
might be a facelift emergency, or worse, mebbe he'd just found out his
bond broker had retired.

- Andrew Jackson (1767-1845)
mike gray, CID
***** (five stars)
JCACTION
2003-11-13 04:38:22 UTC
See it is this kind of comment about me yes the guy in the camo intermingled
with the doctor that i find offensive and unfounded. So to you JOHN FRANCIS,
i ask the question especially, would you like it if you were me???? Be
honest
- Andrew Jackson (1767-1845)
John Francis CID
2003-11-13 15:37:42 UTC
On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 23:38:22 -0500, "JCACTION"
Post by JCACTION
See it is this kind of comment about me yes the guy in the camo intermingled
with the doctor that i find offensive and unfounded. So to you JOHN FRANCIS,
i ask the question especially, would you like it if you were me???? Be
honest
If you have spent any time reading rec.scuba you should be aware that
it's kind of like a private club in which the regulars get pretty
familiar, and as a result some of the humour can be quite pointed and
even nasty. Despite that we can meet in the flesh and get along fine.
Sometimes we overstep the bounds of polite societal interaction but
I'm not aware of it ever leaving the newsgroup.

What bullshark recounted about you and your group is just rec.scuba
humour with you and yours as the butts of the joke. We've all been
there, and some of us respond with good humour and some with rancor
and some even with threats of mayhem. Humour means a fast end to the
thread. Rancor and spite are fuel for the flames, so to speak. Threats
of physical violence are seen as essentially vacuous, perhaps because
it's implicit that should anyone ever be foolish enough to follow
through on those threats, the price would be unbearably high. I doubt
for one thing your doctor friend would want to be involved so you
should give him fair warning. I doubt further that you'd ever get
aboard Splashdown again. I doubt you'd ever want to show your face on
any dive site frequented by regular rec.scubans ever again, and Heaven
help you if someone like Popeye or Curtis happen to be in the
neighbourhood if you decide to act on your threats. 8)

I understand why you're incensed, but this is rec.scuba and the rules
are different here. Suck it up, laugh it off. Nobody knows or cares
who you are IRL. If you can't deal with the rec.scuba style, don't
come here. It isn't about to change to accommodate you or me or anyone
for that matter.

The best advice I can give you is to suggest that the next time you
get on Splashdown, walk up to bullshark and stick out your hand and
say something like "You said some things that pissed me off, and in
anger I said some things that were patently outrageous. Can we just
forget the whole issue and dive?" Same with Mike Gray. Mike will be
the quiet feller sitting near the back of the boat who will dive rings
around almost anybody who gets on Splashdown. He's a good guy and as
much a fixture on Splashdown as those beaten up flags. Don't be misled
by his quiet demeanour. If you ever get him telling dive or racing
stories you'll understand why he doesn't need to make a lot of noise.

As for this thread, go back and reread bullshark's story with an open
mind. Viewed objectively it's pretty funny. Neither he nor Mike Gray
nor many here are particularly sympathetic to what they see as
affectations in dive gear and style. I know some very solid divers who
espouse all of the DIR conventions but don't bother with doubles and
canisters for relatively easy dives like Boynton offers. I can
understand why the others might see doubles (and particularly an extra
set of tanks) and cans as slightly over the top. I've met and dived
with bullshark and Mike and heard their jibes about my own gear
(somewhat DIRish in look and config), but I have the utmost respect
for both as gentlemen, friends and divers.

Here's a hint. You can spoil everyone's fun by simply posting that
you've cooled own and apologize for your reaction. Right now you're
rec.scuba entertainment, but fortunately around here it's never too
late to save face. It works. Tell 'em I guaranteed it. 8)

- Andrew Jackson (1767-1845)
Grumman-581
2003-11-12 15:27:38 UTC
On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 06:56:08 -0500, " H. Huntzinger" wrote ...
Post by H. Huntzinger
Besides, if it was just a ~2 minute phone call, they could have done
this from the boat as it got underway: celluar reception is not lost as
soon as you're 10ft off the dock...
I've found pretty good cellular reception while offshore, but
surprisingly, really crappy reception while airborne even when as low
as 1000 ft AGL... At around 300-500 ft, the reception gets better...
I'm assuming that the antennas tend to not have much of a vertical
component in their reception pattern...
Limey Dave
2003-11-13 15:19:02 UTC
Post by Grumman-581
I've found pretty good cellular reception while offshore, but
surprisingly, really crappy reception while airborne even when as low
as 1000 ft AGL... At around 300-500 ft, the reception gets better...
I'm assuming that the antennas tend to not have much of a vertical
component in their reception pattern...
I forget the proper terminology but that's built in intentionally. If you
had cell service while airborne there'd be no way of avoiding overrun
between towers.

Dave.
Dan Bracuk, CTHD
2003-11-13 01:10:28 UTC
" H. Huntzinger" <{NOSPAM-rm_to_reply}***@huntzinger.com> pounded
away at his keyboard resulting in:
:Besides, if it was just a ~2 minute phone call, they could have done
:this from the boat as it got underway: celluar reception is not lost as
:soon as you're 10ft off the dock...

In all fairness, we don't know if the guy was callling or answering.
If calling, a disavantage of doing it on the boat is the noise of the
engine.

But, if he was calling, he should have done it earlier. Very rude to
hold up the boat.

Lee Bell
2003-11-13 05:27:38 UTC
Post by Dan Bracuk, CTHD
In all fairness, we don't know if the guy was callling or answering.
If calling, a disavantage of doing it on the boat is the noise of the
engine.
But, if he was calling, he should have done it earlier. Very rude to
hold up the boat.
In all fairness, it does not matter whether he was calling or answering. He
should not have held up the boat.

Lee
Chandler
2003-11-13 15:39:29 UTC
Post by Lee Bell
should not have held up the boat.
Lee
Or an apology and explanation like "sorry I,m a doc and that was an
emergency call"
JCACTION
2003-11-13 04:36:23 UTC
Again, I totally agree, now if that was the case, like i said before I would
be all over his case as he can use the phone on the boat. I totally respect
this comment.

I want to take this opportunity to say that I may make some brash comments
but always notice that they are in response to an insult. Cause and effect.
However, anyone and I mean anyone making an intelligent observation or even
telling me something I am doing wrong is not only welcomed but appreciated.
I did not invent diving, I am not DIR and all I did say is that I am a very
good spearfisherman and there are many who will agree. What I simply can
not stand is for someone to sit there and lie and tell stories that simply
are not true. I belive BULLSHIT is a true arguer and likes to trash
everything that does not sit well with him. The correct thing would have
been to say it right then and there. Hey I dont carry lights lobster gear or
anything like that. All i wanted to do was go spearfishing and have a good
time. Then I read that because I wear a camo suit, I am a sissy ? Is that
the correct thing to say on a public forum about someone you dont know??? I
would like each and everyone here that has had something to say about this
to really think about this.
1. I was with a group of friends that much is very true.
2. Whatever comments BULLSHIT made about them is entirely up to them to
address if they feel like it.
3. I got on the boat and yes, being a good spear fisherman, even BULLSHIT
siad I shot a nice hog. To me the fish was nothing special but remember it
was his comment
4. I wear a camo suit, do any of you really think that it is proper to
address a man as a sissy behind his back because of that suit? WOULD ANY OF
YOU HERE LIKE THIS???????"

all I ask is that if you got something to say, then say it to me and not to
others who were not there and especially without allowing me to defend
myself.

If any of you boys have a real sense of right and wrong, I welcome your
intelligent comments and yes even criticism. I love to learn and I AM NOT
BETTER THAN ANYONE BUT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DONT INSULT A MAN BEHIND HIS
BACK
-hh
DavidM
2003-11-13 05:10:20 UTC
Post by JCACTION
Again, I totally agree, now if that was the case, like i said before I would
be all over his case as he can use the phone on the boat. I totally respect
this comment.
I want to take this opportunity to say that I may make some brash comments
but always notice that they are in response to an insult. Cause and effect.
However, anyone and I mean anyone making an intelligent observation or even
telling me something I am doing wrong is not only welcomed but
appreciated.

OK, in the spirit of this, I'm just answering your question, not
trying to insult...
Post by JCACTION
4. I wear a camo suit, do any of you really think that it is proper to
address a man as a sissy behind his back because of that suit? WOULD ANY OF
YOU HERE LIKE THIS???????"
If this is all about someone insulting you due to the colour of your
suit, well I'm a bit staggered it would upset anyone so much, but if
that's the case then so be it. As for "would any of you here like
this", well I'm not sure anyone would like it, but I'd be pretty sure
most regulars here would be ambivalent, ie would not give a fuck.

Cheers
David M
JCACTION
2003-11-13 05:39:58 UTC
Understood David, however its just not my nature, if someone talks shit
behind my back i will inevitably call him on it and make sure he realizes
you just dont do that to some people. But i respect your point
David M
DavidM
2003-11-13 05:49:50 UTC
Post by JCACTION
Understood David, however its just not my nature, if someone talks shit
behind my back i will inevitably call him on it and make sure he realizes
you just dont do that to some people. But i respect your point
No probs - just understand that in this environment, if you want to
"call" everyone who spins a line of "shit", then, well, you'd better
have a lot of time on your hands!

Cheers
David M
JCACTION
2003-11-13 04:24:54 UTC
I totally agree with that but the truth is that they were on board way in
time trust me I am not a liar nor do I make up stories like BULLSHIT.
If he would have delayed others, I would have been very upset myself. It
simply ws not the case. Matter of fact, someone had forgotten to pay and had
to go in for a few minutes right before the boat left, I know it wasnt
BULLSHIT he was too busy taking notes!!!
H. Huntzinger
2003-11-12 12:58:30 UTC
Post by JCACTION
Well, well, well, I just had to make an appearance here in order to
clarify and at the same time make a few points of my own.
Welcome aboard, rec.scuba. Hope you've read the FAQ.
Post by JCACTION
...I am NOT DIR never have been and never will be.
Well, with an arrogant attitude and cussing, its easy to get confused :-)
Post by JCACTION
I am however a serious hunter and that is something I am very
proud of.
Personally, I don't spearfish. I do "hunt" with an UW camera, though.
My only real comment here is on the (your words) 'garbage' Hogfish you
took, as this does raise into question your apparent failure in good
judgement on this particular day. As such, I'd apprecite it if you
could please expand on the events of that day and explain what it is
that I'm missing.
Post by JCACTION
1. I dive steel tanks and wear a camo wetsuit. If you understood
anything about spearfishing, you would know that the camo suit breaks
up your profile in the water and therefore is more of a fish attractor
than a disguise.
Assuming that its fair to apply "Camera Hunting" observations, I'll
accept one's profile/color as a contributor. However, in my experience,
its nowhere near the most important one: both bubbles management and
approach angles/posture/speed are more significant contributors.
Post by JCACTION
But then again, when hunters go hunting you always see them wear what????
CAMO you JERK!
"Always" is a dangerous word: http://tinyurl.com/uojw

UW, red quickly turns to black, and as such, the harm in wearing that
particular color is minor.
Post by JCACTION
2. You spoke about some of my friends using HID lights. Any problem
with that??? They were looking for lobster you idiot.
What kind of light was really _necessary_ for this dive?

I can understand taking taking along a particular piece of gear because
you want to test it, practice, etc, but there's no good reason to take
an expensive piece of gear on a dive when there's no meaningful benefit.
This is all common sense, which means that you should easily be able to
easily identify what the benefit of taking the HID's on this dive was.
Post by JCACTION
Dont be upset just because you cant afford a $1,500 light.
The only real context that money has to do with this is that the more
expensive the gear, the more strictly the "Necessary?" self-assessment
should be applied.
Post by JCACTION
You even noticed a guy talking on the phone 15 minutes before leave time.
Is this a problem for you???
Did they or did they not delay the diveboat's departure?
Post by JCACTION
... The difference with you
and I is that I have pictures in full gear, I have pictures under
water and I have videos of myself diving. I will gladly post them to
see how much critiquing you can do then.
Great! However, this is a text-only group, so its an ISP TOS violation
if you try to post them (binaries) here.

The right way to do it is to upload the .JPG's to a webserver, and then
announce their location here. If you don't have your own host space to
do this, just say so - several of us would be willing to loan the space
to let the entire newsgroup see the pic's.
Post by JCACTION
5.You also mention a buddy of mine who did have a speargun which you
claim was over 5 feet long!...As for your comments
about him leaving his finger spool behind, let me just tell you the
reality of that situation. The boat had dive flags with those crappy
yellow line holders and he simply did what he always does on a good
boat, he did not want to mess with the yellow hanger and so he
intended to attach his spool to the flag and use that instead. He
would take that and clip it to his d ring. Only one problem, the dive
flag is such a piece of work that there is no way to attach his line
to it so he laid his spool down and was forced to use the yellow line
holder which of course youre very comfy with.
Sorry, I'm a confused: are you saying that your buddy can supposedly
afford an expensive speargun, but can't afford his own flag, so he ends
up mucking around with the crappy one that's on the diveboat every week?

No, it doesn't sound too good when I say it that way, does it? Sorry.
Post by JCACTION
... by the way, the
guy saying he had the dive tables in his head really does have the
tables in his head, yeah hes the doctor who was on the phone too. You
on the other hand need your little puter to tell you what to do as
most of us do. He can dive and does dive without one because he does
have it all in his head. Then again, he is a doctor, you know? A
person used to harder things than rememebering a dive table.
I suggest you read the archives about the long discussion that was held
on the subject of "Tables Memorization". To BLUF it, a simple $200 tool
can provide a lot of safety from making simple mistakes, particularly as
the odds of inattention increases with the PPN2 level. I'm sorry to
say, but your buddy the doctor should really know better than to try to
rely on a proven-unreliable system.
Post by JCACTION
With this said, I dare you to respond, I further dare you to meet me
and call me a sissy but remember to bring your wife and I also dare
you to be a man and apologize. Any of those options works for me. I
dont know about your wife though, if you are who you think you are,
your wife needs a brromstick instead of a tank.
To drag in uninvolved family members is completely without class and
entirely uncalled for. AFAIC, you immediately owe SS's wife an apology.

-hh
JCACTION
2003-11-13 05:26:08 UTC
Huntzinger,

Thank you for your comments. I have not read the FAQ and I will as I assume
you are telling me there is something there I should know.

If I come across as arrogant and rude, all I ask is that you reply to my
question.....Would you or would you not be upset if another man went out and
called you a sissy and made all kinds of incorrect comments behind your
back? If you would not be upset, then I commend you as you have much more
tolerance than I do. I am not a rude person and I get along great with most
folks I meet. However, I arrogantly and rudely responded to Bullshark and
the others who simply decided that since they only heard his side of the
story it must be true and that is simply not the correct way to handle
things. It has always been my philosophy to respect those who respect me.

About the garbage hogfish, I can see where this can be misinterpreted and
apologize to anyone who read that comment. Here is the truth and now I am no
longer angry or upset so I can answer correctly. The hog was a very nice
fish and I assure you I passed on many others I saw that day that were legal
for sure but not worth shooting. This particular one was a super male and I
call them garbage hogs because as you know the super males have 70% SNOUT
and 30 % body. Sure they look like a nice fish but you dont get much meat
out of them so that is what the reference to garbage fish comes from.
Believe me, it was a very nice hog. I have shot smaller ones thats for sure.
I hope this clarifies it. I laid him on the deck as I had nowhere to put
him. I thought the boat would have had a bucket or cooler and then a few
minutes later a gentleman next to me asked if i wanted to put him in his
bucket. The fish was strung through the eyes and everytime I shoot a fish, I
immediately put my knife in his head to kill him as it prevents thrashing
and this attracts predators. I placed him in the bucket and gave it to my
buddy to take home. I assure you nobody had to step over the fish to dive
their second dive. I understand boat etiquette very well and would not do
that. I was the second person from the end of the boat so rest assured the
fish was put away a long time before I got in the water. Since I was the
second one from the end, I went in before anyone except for the guy that was
right at the end of the boat. This comment about me displaying my trophy and
letting him live was pure baloney from Bullshark who obviously wants to make
his story entertaining while it is a lie pure and simple. I do not exhibit
fish and I dont brag unless I am with my friends and in private. However, he
did acknowledge in his own words that it was a nice fish and mind you the
only decent fish caught that day but it was a trash supermale and now you
know what i mean by trash. Another comment the bullshark made is that the
hunters made a headfirst entry. Yes, this is true and I always find that
when spearfishing from the moment you jump in the fish are alerted so the
logical way to get a good shot is to go in negative and head first. There is
nothing wrong with this type of entry as it allows me to swim straight down
while loading my gun the minute I hit the water. It also gives me a good
chance at taking a quick shot. If there is anything wrong with this entry, I
would welcome comments that make sense as to its incorrectness.

I wear the camo suit from my freediving days. Actually if anything it is the
wrong color for reefs. I used to use this suit for blue water hunting and
simply like the way it fits and is my favorite wetsuit. It has a chest pad
to load my gun and that is the main reason I use it. I have little illussion
that a camo suit is going to help me be invisible to fish. What it will do
is break up my outline as I am in midwater and that does help as the fish
dont zero in on anything but the bubbles and not the bubbles plus the large
profile swimming 30 feet above them. Camo suits have their place in blue
water hunting but not for reefs and bottom hunting. However, who is to say
that it doesnt help??? I will definitely tell you that the ligher blue
colors seem to attract snapper more than anything else I have ever tried. I
believe it attracts fish and so do many very well known spear fishermen but
it is purely theoretical. I have normally worn all black for bottom hunting
but have to tell you that there is a difference when you break your outline
up while fishing high above the reef. This and the loading chest pad are the
main reasons i wear it not because it helps me in any way become invisible
as it has been suggested here. I am a well known spearo in a few boards that
include several world record holders. My opinions and knowledge about
spearfishing are respected by my fellow spearfishermen and that is the only
thing I have to say about that. I do agree that bubble control, stalking
technique and fish behaviour knowledge are way more important than any suit
or gun for that matter. So enough said about this topic. If anyone ever
wants to talk about spearing fish, stalking them, behaviors and techniques,
I welcome anyone to test my knowledge in this area.

About the HID lights, i can honestly tell you I have never used one as I
feel personally that they are not needed. However, I respect others;
opinions and let them decide what to carry in the water. As for me, like I
said, I have not used one and dont think I ever will, I simply dont see the
need for them. I will not omit the opportunity to tell you that passing
JUDGMENT on another person's gear choices is also incorrect. Diving is not a
specific sport in this area and if a guy feels good with a light then damn
it leave him alone and concentrate on what youre doing and let them enjoy
themselves. Why must anyone find time to criticize a guy for wearing a
light???? Its not your problem, its theirs!!!

I would love to compare pictures of spearfishing and even my camo suit lol
lol lol with you or anyone interested in seeing some very nice speared fish
and lobster we have caught this year. I would love it if anyone decides to
help me put them up as I am not very knowledgable in this area. So, yes
please if anyone one wants to see some very nice pics, I will gladly post
them if you decide to help me out.

My friend carrying the flag is not my problem. If he has his own flag and I
know he has several and did not bring it, it is probably because he planned
on using the ones on the boat. Again, please understand I do not know what
my friends reasoning is nor do I care unless it puts me or them in jeopardy
while diving or otherwise. You would have to ask them about why they carry
lights, or doubles or why they talk on the phone or anything else they do
for that matter. I will be responsible for what I say and not for what
others interpret. With that said, this message is getting way too long and I
think that anyone reading this can clearly see that I am not a rude or
ignorant person. I do feel completely offended and may have said some very
nasty things but all I ask from anyone is to go to the very first comments
made here and then see who instigated it. Anyone can reach in a cage and
grab a tigers balls, only and idiot doesnt let go.

I took the time to write to you because you did ask and made some
intelligent observations.
-hh
chilly
2003-11-13 06:16:17 UTC
Post by JCACTION
If I come across as arrogant and rude, all I ask is that you reply to my
question.....Would you or would you not be upset if another man went out and
called you a sissy and made all kinds of incorrect comments behind your
back?
OK, how about crybaby instead of sissy?
Post by JCACTION
If you would not be upset, then I commend you as you have much more
tolerance than I do. I am not a rude person
Yes, you are.
Post by JCACTION
and I get along great with most
folks I meet. However, I arrogantly and rudely responded to Bullshark and
the others who simply decided that since they only heard his side of the
story it must be true and that is simply not the correct way to handle
things. It has always been my philosophy to respect those who respect me.
Have you never heard that respect must be earned?
Post by JCACTION
About the garbage hogfish, I can see where this can be misinterpreted and
apologize to anyone who read that comment. Here is the truth and now I am no
longer angry or upset so I can answer correctly. The hog was a very nice
fish and I assure you I passed on many others I saw that day that were legal
for sure but not worth shooting. This particular one was a super male and I
call them garbage hogs because as you know the super males have 70% SNOUT
and 30 % body. Sure they look like a nice fish but you dont get much meat
out of them so that is what the reference to garbage fish comes from.
So why did you shoot it then, if you know this about hogfish?
Post by JCACTION
Believe me, it was a very nice hog. I have shot smaller ones thats for sure.
I hope this clarifies it. I laid him on the deck as I had nowhere to put
him. I thought the boat would have had a bucket or cooler and then a few
minutes later a gentleman next to me asked if i wanted to put him in his
bucket.
Why would you go out for a nice day of spearfishing without ensuring that
the boat had a cooler for your fish? Or at least bring your own? The guy
that was lobstering, knew enough to bring his own cooler and he probably
isn't half the spearo you claim to be.
Post by JCACTION
The fish was strung through the eyes and everytime I shoot a fish, I
immediately put my knife in his head to kill him as it prevents thrashing
and this attracts predators.
Hmm, what happened to you keeping the fish alive as long as you can in case
you can't get them into a cooler fast enough?
Post by JCACTION
I placed him in the bucket and gave it to my
buddy to take home. I assure you nobody had to step over the fish to dive
their second dive. I understand boat etiquette very well and would not do
that. I was the second person from the end of the boat so rest assured the
fish was put away a long time before I got in the water. Since I was the
second one from the end, I went in before anyone except for the guy that was
right at the end of the boat. This comment about me displaying my trophy and
letting him live was pure baloney from Bullshark who obviously wants to make
his story entertaining while it is a lie pure and simple. I do not exhibit
fish and I dont brag unless I am with my friends and in private.
You've been bragging here since you first came in to defend yourself.
Post by JCACTION
However, he
did acknowledge in his own words that it was a nice fish and mind you the
only decent fish caught that day but it was a trash supermale and now you
know what i mean by trash. Another comment the bullshark made is that the
hunters made a headfirst entry.
I didn't notice that he said it as an insult, only as an observation. Yes,
Post by JCACTION
when spearfishing from the moment you jump in the fish are alerted so the
logical way to get a good shot is to go in negative and head first. There is
nothing wrong with this type of entry as it allows me to swim straight down
while loading my gun the minute I hit the water. It also gives me a good
chance at taking a quick shot. If there is anything wrong with this entry, I
would welcome comments that make sense as to its incorrectness.
You should try a stealth wetsuit. They are even better than the cammo
suits.
Post by JCACTION
I wear the camo suit from my freediving days. Actually if anything it is the
wrong color for reefs.
Do you think?
Post by JCACTION
I used to use this suit for blue water hunting and
simply like the way it fits and is my favorite wetsuit.
It makes you feel all sexy then, is that it?
Post by JCACTION
It has a chest pad
to load my gun and that is the main reason I use it. I have little illussion
that a camo suit is going to help me be invisible to fish. What it will do
is break up my outline as I am in midwater and that does help as the fish
dont zero in on anything but the bubbles and not the bubbles plus the large
profile swimming 30 feet above them. Camo suits have their place in blue
water hunting but not for reefs and bottom hunting. However, who is to say
that it doesnt help???
You should get a rebreather and a stealth wetsuit.
Post by JCACTION
I will definitely tell you that the ligher blue
colors seem to attract snapper more than anything else I have ever tried. I
believe it attracts fish and so do many very well known spear fishermen but
it is purely theoretical. I have normally worn all black for bottom hunting
but have to tell you that there is a difference when you break your outline
up while fishing high above the reef. This and the loading chest pad are the
main reasons i wear it not because it helps me in any way become invisible
as it has been suggested here. I am a well known spearo in a few boards that
include several world record holders. My opinions and knowledge about
spearfishing are respected by my fellow spearfishermen and that is the only
thing I have to say about that.
Cite?
Post by JCACTION
I do agree that bubble control, stalking
technique and fish behaviour knowledge are way more important than any suit
or gun for that matter. So enough said about this topic. If anyone ever
wants to talk about spearing fish, stalking them, behaviors and techniques,
I welcome anyone to test my knowledge in this area.
I've heard a of a well known spearo in a few boards that
Post by JCACTION
include several world record holders. His opinions and knowledge about
spearfishing are respected by his fellow spearfishermen and he keeps
changing his story about the usefulness of a cammo suit. What is your
experience in this area?
Post by JCACTION
that is the only
thing I have to say about that.
About the HID lights, i can honestly tell you I have never used one as I
feel personally that they are not needed. However, I respect others;
opinions and let them decide what to carry in the water. As for me, like I
said, I have not used one and dont think I ever will, I simply dont see the
need for them. I will not omit the opportunity to tell you that passing
JUDGMENT on another person's gear choices is also incorrect. Diving is not a
specific sport in this area and if a guy feels good with a light then damn
it leave him alone and concentrate on what youre doing and let them enjoy
themselves. Why must anyone find time to criticize a guy for wearing a
light???? Its not your problem, its theirs!!!
Again, I just thought bullshark had made note of them carrying their HID
lights. That laughter you heard was from over here.
(snip)> others interpret. With that said, this message is getting way too
long and I
Post by JCACTION
think that anyone reading this can clearly see that I am not a rude or
ignorant person.
No, I don't think we can.
Post by JCACTION
I do feel completely offended and may have said some very
nasty things but all I ask from anyone is to go to the very first comments
made here and then see who instigated it. Anyone can reach in a cage and
grab a tigers balls, only and idiot doesnt let go.
So what are you saying about yourself?

(snip)
H. Huntzinger
2003-11-13 13:04:20 UTC
Post by JCACTION
Huntzinger,
Thank you for your comments. I have not read the FAQ and I will as I assume
you are telling me there is something there I should know.
Well, FAQ's by definition are things that everyone should know.
Post by JCACTION
If I come across as arrogant and rude, all I ask is that you reply to my
question.....Would you or would you not be upset if another man went out and
called you a sissy and made all kinds of incorrect comments behind your
back? If you would not be upset, then I commend you as you have much more
tolerance than I do.
You probably don't know it, but that's not a hypothetical question for
me. Controlling your emotions and responding calmly is the only good
way to handle it. In your case here, you were at least not called out
specifically by name, and since you're not a USENET participant anywhere
(yes, I checked Google), your odds of remaining anonymous were high.
IMO, it probably would have been strategically smarter to just let the
thread quickly die a quiet death.

Thus said, we all have our 'down days' where our temper gets the best of
us anyway. Its been my observations over the past couple of decades
that the guy who comes out of the box swinging is usually identified
very quickly as a flaming jerk, and probably 90% of the time, this snap
accessment remains correct as we "get to know him" better. If the
conversation immediately degrades into petty namecalling, that's also an
important sign, particularly if it is one-sided.

You only get one chance to make a first impression.
Post by JCACTION
About the garbage hogfish...
... I laid him on the deck as I had nowhere to put him. I thought the boat
would have had a bucket or cooler...
I've made similar wrong assumptions about a diveboat's equipment for
things like a wash bucket for my UW camera and gotten burned. What I
learned is that my Mom was right: "An ounce of prevention..."

The result is that I don't make that mistake anymore.
Post by JCACTION
The fish was strung through the eyes and everytime I shoot a fish, I
immediately put my knife in his head to kill him as it prevents thrashing
and this attracts predators.
Some will point out that this contradicts a prior statement about trying
to keep them alive as long as possible and not being concerned about
sharks. It appears you've painted yourself into a corner with this one.
Post by JCACTION
...Another comment the bullshark made is that the
hunters made a headfirst entry. Yes, this is true and I always find that
when spearfishing from the moment you jump in the fish are alerted so the
logical way to get a good shot is to go in negative and head first.
I've watched fish react to the 'kerthud' of divers entering the water
above, and Physics say that you're never going to outrace the speed of
sound in water no matter how negative you are.

FYI, an option is to slip in quietly and make no splash at all.
Granted, the diveboat design and sea state are factors that may not
permit this, but it can be an option.
Post by JCACTION
About the HID lights, i can honestly tell you I have never used one as I
feel personally that they are not needed. However, I respect others;
opinions and let them decide what to carry in the water. As for me, like I
said, I have not used one and dont think I ever will, I simply dont see the
need for them. I will not omit the opportunity to tell you that passing
JUDGMENT on another person's gear choices is also incorrect. Diving is not a
specific sport in this area and if a guy feels good with a light then damn
it leave him alone and concentrate on what youre doing and let them enjoy
themselves. Why must anyone find time to criticize a guy for wearing a
light???? Its not your problem, its theirs!!!
IMO, you're in the right church and facing the right direction as far as
the general philosophy of <rec.scuba>, but what you've missed is that
there still needs to be a reason, even if it is only "I want it".

The problem is that some divers have gotten hoodwinked by what a
Salesman told them, or by what they read in Quest that only really
applies to 8+hour cave dives, etc, and then misapplies that information
and ends up having the audacity to berate the rest of the world for
_failing_ to carry something like a 20lb HID on a daytime shallow
tropical OW reef dive. These people get their head handed to them.
Post by JCACTION
My friend carrying the flag is not my problem. If he has his own flag and I
know he has several and did not bring it, it is probably because he planned
on using the ones on the boat.
Probably; sounds like he too forgot the BSA's "Be Prepared" motto.

And while it can be a bit overboard to call such things "mistakes", they
are at least oversights in planning, which are at least a cue to concern
over if this diver really was ready for all reasonable contingencies,
which invokes a dive safety concern. But we all do make mistakes; the
key is in not making big ones, and in not repeating them in the future.

-hh
Lee Bell
2003-11-13 14:00:58 UTC
Post by JCACTION
If I come across as arrogant and rude, all I ask is that you reply to my
question.....Would you or would you not be upset if another man went out and
called you a sissy and made all kinds of incorrect comments behind your
back?
He made generic statements about some divers on a boat. It was not until
you spoke up that anybody knew who the comments were about. Under the
circumstances, no, I would not be upset. I'd probably be amused.

While I was being amused, I'd ask myself what it was about my diving that
would generate such comments. Whether you believe what was said or not, at
least one diver, a very experienced one in this case, perceived you as a bit
amusing. FWIW, there's a whole bunch of local divers, including bullshark,
that have no problem sneaking up on fish without camo and, as you now know
based on the picture I sent to you, at least one that does it with a
speargun in hand.

What I would not do, and would strongly recommend against in the future, is
insult somebody's wife. In doing so, you deliberately did what you are
accusing bullshark of, attacked somebody behind their back, who is not here
to defend herself and, worse yet, you specified who you were talking about,
something bullshark did not do. Take a good look at your behavior and
decide for youself, whether it is something you're proud of.
Post by JCACTION
I am not a rude person and I get along great with most
folks I meet.
Your statement is inconsistent with your behavior.

Lee
Drew A. Dunn
2003-11-13 03:53:59 UTC
Oh boy...
JCACTION
2003-11-13 05:41:04 UTC
HEY HEY I TAKE THAT BaCK SHIT I DID NOT MEAN IT THAT WAY AT ALL!!!!!!!!!
;LOLL OLLOLLOL
Oh boy...
Drew A. Dunn
2003-11-13 10:12:36 UTC
Post by JCACTION
HEY HEY I TAKE THAT BaCK SHIT I DID NOT MEAN IT THAT WAY AT ALL!!!!!!!!!
Good, no kiss and make up...

And stop fucking top posting.
scuba4ever
2003-11-12 23:20:12 UTC
freedive.scuba.travel - The Online Resource for the Underwater World